Chapter 16 | Memory Lane

~~~Last Chapter~~~

I giggled and stood up, my hands already on a pair of dark green sweatpants and a white tee shirt with the words "Polo Shirt" written on it. We both ended up getting dressed together, both casually sneaking glances at each other.

He's fucking ripped, I don't mean he has a casual six pack. I'm talking 4d eight pack that makes body builders weep.

Once we were done I picked up the box, Sho getting the door for me. "Thanks for the clothes." Sho thanked me, giving me a quick peck before I walked out. "No prob Sho." I felt my heart flutter, the living room getting closer.

I swear loving this man gets better and better by the minuet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shoto's POV

"Mum?" We entered the living room, Izu called out for his mother as he sat down the box. "Yes dear?" She answered, the sound of clanking dishes overlapped her soft voice. I sat down on the couch, watching Izu fiddle with his thumbs. "I ... I wanna show you something." Izu told her, his gaze nervously meeting mine. "It's alright." I mouthed out my words, giving him a warm smile. "What is it sweety?" She asked him, Izu sat down from how nervous he is.

I watched him bob his leg, his hand in his hair. "I-I wanna .... I want you t-to see it w-with me." Izu barely got his words out, his thumbs overlapping themselves repeatedly. I put my hand on his, stopping his nervous fiddling. The sound of clanking dishes stopped, causing some colour to drain from his face. Footsteps echoed throughout the house, until her head poked through the doorway.

Her eyes widened from the sight of the box, indicating it's status as a very important object."You ... You found it." Her hand flew to her mouth, colour draining from her face as well. She stepped into the living room, her steps small. I'm surprised that she hasn't acknowledged his hickey's, I'm guessing this box is important as I suspect it is. "What ... What is it?" He asked her, looking at the old ass box.

"It's ... everything your father left behind. He wanted you to look through it one day." Inko walked over to us, pulling up the arm chair so that she can sit. The chair was centimeters from the couch.

We watched her pull up the box, using her quirk to remove the tape with ease. She sat the box down again, placing it right in front of the all of us. She did the same with the flaps, revealing the contents that lie inside.

Most of the things inside of the box was barely meaningful. They were just regular things a father would own. There's a baseball cap, a book, a wedding ring, a key chain and some old clothes.

The baseball cap is black, a single red rose stitched into the top. The book is a thick one, it's titled 'Single Pale Rose' . On the over is a pale pink rose, almost white. Around the roses is thousands of red ones, blending into each other. The title's in big, rose gold text, the cursive is beautiful. The wedding ring's gold, the words 'My Love' engraved into the golden ring. The key chain is a regular ol key chain, it's just a flower. The clothes are quite stylish, I'd go as far as to say they're the very beautiful. They're aesthetically pleasing to me. Which's hard to do.

All of these things didn't seem to affect Izu that much. They just brought a smile to his face. He passed everything onto his mother, letting her smile with nostalgia. But, there was something that affected him, no, it affected both of them. It's a Polaroid, of his family, all together in a moment captured in time.

Even if it's in his hands, his eyes admiring the picture, I can clearly see who's in the picture.

I can see Inko wearing a white dress, most likely her wedding dress. It's not extravagant or luxurious, it's just a plain white dress with slightly opaque colour. Her long dark green hair's flat ironed down, allowing it to graze her lower back. On her fair face is a natural amount of blush and red lipstick, just enough to stand out but not showy. She's much thinner than what she is now, it's not an unhealthy thin. It's a 'I eat well but don't gain weight' thin. But, contradictory to her thin body is her round stomach, showing that she's pregnant with Izu. I'd say she's in her third trimester, possibly seven or eight months. Her head's resting on what must be Izu's father's chest, her eyes closed with content. Her arms around his body, probably on his lower back.

Izu's father is almost a polar opposite of Inko, but opposites attract after all. He's fairly tall, maybe nine or ten centimeters taller. His complexion is way darker than Inko, but not to far away from Izu's. I'd say he's about three or four shades darker. His jet black hair's curly to the core, like Izu's. It's not as messy tho, but it's somewhere near there. His face has the same freckles as Izu, his eye colour's the same as well. As for his outfit, it's nice. It complement's Inko's hair.

He's wearing a dark green, almost pine green, blazer and pants combo. The pants are a shade or two darker than the blazer tho. Under his blazer is a regular mint green shirt, most likely a tee shirt. It's something simple, but nice.

At the bottom of the Polaroid is the words "True Love" written in a shaky handwriting, a lil heart's drawn at the end. It's short, but very sweet. Like their relationship.

"W-What ... what is this?" Izu looked up at his mother, the look of pure confusion in his voice. "It's our wedding photo." Inko grasped the photo, her hands shaky. The both of us looked at her in silence, watching her tearfully gaze at the photo. "I thought we lost this." Inko tearfully laughed, her smile ear to ear.

I turned my head to Izu, finding him wiping his teary eyes. I scooted over to him, wrapping my arm around him. He surprisingly didn't push me away or turn to me with confusion, he just laid his head on my chest.

"I didn't know you looked so much like him." I told Izu, trying to lighten the mood. "Me too." Izu sighed, letting me wipe his tears away. "I told you were my little man." Inko let out a breathless chuckle, setting the photo down with the rest of the stuff. I smiled from her words, giving off a little warmth.

Memory lane feels good, even if it's paved with pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

omg

guys

I'm cutting it close

It's 10:26

and I gotta get off the computer at 10:30

._______.

Also, I made that drawing from scratch!

You can see my tiny 'E' signature somewhere around Inko's head.

I'm very proud of it

plz don't hate

I tried

such work

much hard

.......

well, Imma shut up now

:)

I hope you guys have a good night, day, whatever it may be. I'll see you beautiful guys, girls and non binary peeps in the next chappie!