Chapter 8

((I haven't posted in like a day or more so I made this chapter extra long. Pretty sure I did anyways. c: So please excuse any mistakes.))

When you wake up the next morning (d/n) is there, staring at you happily. You give her a smile and get ready for the day. When you're ready you pull her out the door and downstairs to the main room. Hiccup is there, concentrated on the piece of paper he's drawing on. "Morning." You say as you sit down beside him.

He looks over at you and smiles. "Morning."

"What are you working on?"

"Our flight suits." He says. He hands you the piece of paper that has Hiccup and Toothless flying beside each other and you and (d/n) beside them.

"Cool. Are you going to start making them today?"

"We are going to make them today." He says.

"We? Hiccup, I've never made anything."

"I'll help you. Come on, Dad wants us to show up for every meal in the Great Hall now." Hiccup stands and takes the paper.

"Okay." You follow him out the door and stop to buy a few fish for Toothless and (d/n) before going to the Great Hall.

When you walk in, Hiccup's friends walk over and pull him to their table. He shrugs and grabs your hand so you'll come, even though that is the last thing you want to do.

"So Hiccup, who are you taking to the festival tomorrow?" Ruffnut asks, eyes shifting from you to Astrid. Astrid glares at you and you look down.

"I wasn't aware we had to take anyone." Hiccup says.

"It's the last day of dragon week or whatever. Everyone has to take someone." Tuffnut says.

"Well I'm not." Hiccup says. You try to hold in your relief. He doesn't want to take Astrid and that's all that matters.

"Well then," Snotlout says. He moves beside you and grabs your hand. "How about you come with me tomorrow?"

"Uh..." You pull you hand back. "No, I don't think so."

"Aw come on. You can't go alone." He grabs your hand again and pulls you closer.

"No she doesn't." Hiccup says. He pulls you away from Snotlout and takes your hand. "Come on, ___." You both walk out together. You can't help but notice how angry Hiccup looked when he pulled you away.

"It's hard to hang around them if Snoutlout won't leave me alone." You say.

"We can avoid him. Come on." He takes you to where Gobber works on dragon's teeth and armor. He shows him the idea and Gobber gives you two room to work on your suits.

All day you work on cutting patterns in leather and cloth, talking happily about what it'll be like to fly.

After working all day you look at what's been done. "Well," Hiccup says as his eyes scan the small pile of leather. "That's unfortunate."

"It felt like we got a lot more done." You say. "Of course, my speed at cutting and sewing is terribly slow."

"You did great, ___." He says. He picks up the pieces of soon to be flight suits and you carry the drawings back to Hiccup's house. You turn to walk back to the Great Hall, your dragons walking behind. You're late to dinner so the village is empty and quiet.

"____." Hiccup says. "Y-you'll come with me to the festival part tomorrow, right? We don't have to go like together, together just- just as friends."

"Oh. Yeah of course." You smile at him. You wouldn't mind if he wanted to go with you as a couple. In fact, that's exactly what you want.

Dinner was just how you wanted it to be. You sat in the back of the Great Hall with Hiccup, eating thick loaves of stale bread and chunks of cheese while talking about designs to put on the suits. Afterwards you walk back to Hiccup's house and sit at the table, reading books on different types of dragons.

After a few hours you yawn. "I think I'm going to go to bed." You say, standing up.

"Alright. Goodnight." Hiccup smiles at you. (D/n) follows you up the stairs and snuggles up beside you on the small bed. You have nightmares, but she's there to comfort you.

~

You wake up when there's a knock on your door. You trudge to the door, eyes half closed and hair a mess. You open it and see Hiccup, standing there with his hands behind his back. "Oh. Did I wake you up?" He asks.

"Uh..." you yawn. "Yeah. It's fine."

"Well I uh- I actually, uh... got you something today." He says.

"Oh. Really?"

Hiccup nods and hands you a small book. The pages are blank and stiff. "So you can draw too." He says.

You look up at him and smile. "Thank you Hiccup. I love it." He nods and scratches the back of his head.

"Well. You should get ready. Dress nice, this is supposed to be the new big holiday." He says.

"Alright." You softly shut the door and find the nicest outfit you have. You leave your hair down and just leave a small braid on the side. You decide you look decent enough and walk out of the bedroom, (d/n) behind you. The front door is open and you see Hiccup beside Toothless, feeding him fish. (D/n) runs out the door and takes the fish Hiccup tossed into the air. Hiccup laughs and turns towards you as you walk out the door.

"Wow, y-you look great." He says, blushing. You stop and look down at your outfit like you forgot what you were wearing.

"Oh. Thank you." You smile at him. Toothless and (d/n) stay behind while you and Hiccup go the the Great Hall for breakfast. Hiccup's friends wave him over, but he simply shakes his head and sits with you in the back. Afterwards Stoick asks Hiccup to help him settle a dragon fight in the town.

"I'll be right back." Hiccup says. Once they leave the Great Hall is quiet. Everyone wanted to see a dragon fight, apparently.

You sit there in silence until you hear footsteps behind you. You turn around, but don't see anything. You turn back around and see Astrid, standing beside you.

"Wha-" You're cut off as Astrid's fist connects with your face, right on your jaw.