Chapter 25

Thank you all for the 3.7k reads; here's a pretty long chapter for you. Enjoy & please excuse any spelling errors and such. It was a struggle to edit this. c: ♥

**Hiccup's POV**

The flames burn through the door, pushing their way down the stairs across the wooden frame on the wall. "Alright, Bud. We have to find her before this whole place burns down." Toothless slides off of the man who lays frozen in fear. We both sprint across the room, and through a door.

Toothless growls ahead of us, in the darkness of the hallway. "What is it, Bud?"

"Is anyone out there?" A voice shouts. "I need out!"

"Snotlout!" I run down the hall and to a door on the right.

"Hiccup?" He says, sounding both relieved and disappointed. I'm probably the last person he wanted to be saved by.

"Stand back, Snotlout. Toothless is going to blast his way in." I nod at Toothless and he fires his plasma at the wooden doors, leaving only smoking fragments of black wood on the burnt wooden floor. Snotlout steps out. "We've got to find ___ and get out quickly. The whole top level of this place is on fire and it could cave in at anytime."

Snotlout sighs. "Alright. But let me take the lead." He smirks and steps ahead, marching down the halls.

"Okay..." I shrug at Toothless. "Do you know the way out?"

Snotlout stops. "Well, uh- no. I don't actually. But it can't be too hard to find out." He begins marching again. A small roar echoes through the hall and Toothless's ears perk up.

"What is it, Toothless?" I whisper. He roars back and runs forward, pushing Snotlout against the wall.

"Hey, I'm supposed to take the lead!" He calls after him. I run and follow Toothless. "Wait up!" Snotlout calls. As Toothless runs down the hall, the torches blow out. The hallway is pitch black.

"Toothless!" I shout. I can't see him, or anything for that matter. "Bud, where are you?" I sprint faster, worried at the sudden silence. All I can hear is Snotlout's rapid breathing behind me. Where could he-

That's when I run right into something, or someone. Whoever I ran into had been running in my direction, and had been careful enough to hold their arms out in case something like this would happen.

We gasp and fall to the ground, the person on top of me. My hands on their arms, I lay there, waiting for someone to talk or something.

"Hiccup?" The voice asks happily. I gasp.

"___. Thank the Gods you're okay!" I pull her close to me and bury my face in her (h/l) (h/c) hair. She buries her face into my shirt, making a noise that sounds like a mix between sobbing and laughing. "You're okay," I repeat softly. "You're okay."

~

"Hiccup?" You ask, biting your lip. You'd heard him call for Toothless and ran back down the dark hall, hoping it would be him. Maybe he was running after you, or Toothless, you really didn't care. But he ran right into you, and even though you'd probably be bruised, you didn't mind.

"___." You let out a sigh of relief as you hear that adorable voice you'd missed so much. "Thank the Gods you're okay!" He pulls you down and wraps his arms around you. You clench his shirt and choke on laughter and tears. "You're okay. You're okay." You nod slowly. For once it actually felt that way. I'm okay. I can go home. "I was so worried." He whispers in your hair.

"I worried about you." You whisper back. "I had no idea where you were. If he would find you..."

"I'm here now. It's okay." He lifts you up and brushes the hair from your face. You nod again.

"Uh, guys?" Snotlout says from behind. "I think we should go." You look up and see an orange streak of light across the wooden beams of the ceiling.

"Hiccup." You gasp. "It's going to fall!" You grab his hand and sprint down the hall, towards the doors that lead outside. You run into them hard, and try to push them open. They don't budge. You slam your fists on the wood. "Come on!" You groan.

Hiccup takes your shoulders and drags you away from the door. "Toothless!" He calls. You can't hear him, but you can see the blue glow lighting up before it hits the doors. Before the smoke can clear Hiccup pulls you through and into the cold air outside. You take a deep breath and look up at Hiccup, smiling. He looks down at you, grinning happily. (D/n) jumps on his shoulder and roars. She leaps into your arms and buries her head in your hair, purring softly. Hiccup wraps his arm around your waist and pulls you close.

"Guys, we still have to get Hookfang!" Snotlout says.

"Hookfang. Right." He walks over to Toothless and climbs on him. "Snotlout, I need you to go find the others. I'll get Hookfang. ___, come with me." You nod and Hiccup helps pull you up.

"Wait, I have to go alone?" He asks.

"Don't you want to be the hero?" Hiccup asks, smiling.

Snotlout nods and runs off into the trees. "How did Hookfang get captured?" You ask Hiccup as he lifts up into the air and scans the ground below.

Hiccup sighs. "Well, typical Snotlout wanted to be a hero."

"Ah. No need to explain anymore. I understand completely." You laugh. Hiccup looks back at you and smiles. Toothless growls at him and he turns back around.

"Uh- alright, Bud. Find Hookfang." Toothless scans the ground below and roars as he sees Hookfang, chained to the side of the Great Hall with nets holding him to the ground. He drops quickly, looking around. The land is deserted of all people you'd seen just a few days ago. Did everyone else run them off? Did they realize their leader wasn't going to come out of that castle alive? Did he somehow find a way out? I hope not. "Did they leave?" You ask Hiccup quietly as he jumps off of Toothless.

"Hopefully." He says. He turns to you and places his hands on your waist, lifting you off of Toothless and on the ground. You blush and look down, walking towards Hookfang.

You and Hiccup cut the ropes and nets with your swords and then work on breaking the chains. It takes a lot of work, but soon enough Hookfang is free enough to snap a few of the chains free himself.

"I can fly him, Hiccup." You say as you stroke Hookfang's back.

"Alright." He says. You begin to scramble up Hookfang's side. "Do you need help up?" Hiccup laughs.

"No." You say angrily. "I can do it. I'm not hopeless, you know."

"I know."

Well I tried to find a good place to end it. I couldn't find a good one but it's fine. c: