Chapter 40

This chapter is short, so I will probably update again later. I apologize for the short chapters.
Oh, and I logged on earlier to see that in total I had 1.2k votes in total-- I think that was right-- (for all stories, even though most of them come from this story) and holy crap-- that's exciting for me. Thank all of you who have been reading! (and will keep reading, hopefully c;)

**Hiccup's POV**

"Dad!" I call out. He sits at the end of a table, Dagur and Gibber at his side. I glare at Dagur quickly before turning back to Dad. "Dad, I have something to tell you."

"Yes son?" He asks. I open my mouth to respond but am interrupted by Dagur.

"If you'll excuse me," he says. Dad nods at Dagur then turns back to me.

"What is it, son?" He asks.

"Dad, earlier today I asked-"

"Dagur," Dad calls after him as he walks out the doors. "Where are you going?"

"Just out for a bit," he smirks. He leaves the Great Hall, and Dad finally returns his attention to me.

"I apologize, son. What is it?" He asks, grabbing what must be his ninth chicken leg off his plate and yanking a chunk of meat off with his teeth.

"Earlier today I asked ___-" this time I cut myself off, realising she hasn't come back yet.

And Dagur is outside.

"I-I have to go," I say, sprinting towards the doors. "Astrid! Guys!" I shout to the table. They all immediately stand up and run over to me. I wave them towards me as I run outside.

"What's going on?" Astrid asks from behind me as we sprint down the path.

"Is it destruction?" Tuff asks.

"We can only hope," Ruff answers.

"Where's Toothless?" Astrid asks.

"No guys," I say breathlessly. "Toothless is fine, he's with (d/n). Just find ___!"

I ignore their 'why?''s and look around, between every house. We're not that far from the Great Hall when I stop dead in my tracks.

In the shadows, two figures stand. One pressed up against the wall of the building, the other pushing the figure against the wall. Without thinking, I run to the figures.

I run towards ___ and Dagur.