Chapter 38

This chapter is kinda short. I apologize.

You gasp. Marriage? Already? The thought of getting married right now was crazy, but there was no way you could say no to Hiccup.

You grin. "Of course," you whisper. He grins back and takes your face in his hands. You kiss him quickly before wrapping your arms around him. The snowflakes hit your cheeks softly, making you shiver against him like last night. He holds you tighter, kissing your hair every now and then. "I love you, you dork. I love you so much." You close your eyes as he laughs softly.

"I love you too. More than anything," He murmurs in your hair. The wind blows harshly around you. "We need to go inside before we freeze to death."

"Can we just stay at my house for the rest of today?" You ask.

"If you want, milady," He keeps his arms around you as you both stumble awkwardly to your house, laughing every time one of you fall. You shut the door tightly behind you, the wind resisting your push. Hiccup takes a seat in front of the fireplace and pats the spot beside him.

You sit down and he wraps his arms around you, kissing your forehead. You lean your head on his shoulder. You hold your arms against your stomach to keep warm. Hiccup notices. "Still cold?" He asks. You nod and he yanks the blanket off the back of a chair and throws it around both of your shoulders.

"Thank you," you say quietly, letting your eyes close.

"Tired?" Hiccup asks. You nod, even though that wasn't completely true. That feeling was back... The feeling like something isn't going to go right. Like your almost perfect life was coming to an end, somehow.