Chapter 30

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple days. Major writer's block with this story. I've also been working on a Tuffnut x Reader series of one shots. c: Enjoy and please excuse any mistakes. ^_^

"Do you want me to stay with you again?" Hiccup asks as you leave the Great Hall.

You bite your lip. Yes. "No. You don't have to."

"I know I don't have to." He smiles. "But do you want me to?"

You sigh. "Yeah... I guess." Hiccup laughs and you both walk to your house. The snow is still falling, but softer than before. Just as your house is in view, you both slide on a sheet of ice. You grasp on to each other, Hiccup's arms around your waist and yours at his waist. Toothless catches the both of you before you fall. "I hate ice." You mutter. (D/n) grumbles; almost in agreement. She jumps up on your shoulder and buries herself in your hair. Hiccup keeps his arm around your waist and you slowly make your way to the porch.

You walk inside and start a fire. (D/n) curls up in front of the fireplace and Toothless follows, laying down next to her. You pull Hiccup to your room and lay down. "It's freezing." You mutter, pulling the blanket over you. Hiccup's arms pull you close to him and you lay your head on his chest.

"Better?" He whispers in your hair.

"Better." You whisper back. "Goodnight Hiccup."

"Goodnight, ___."

~

"Hello?" You croak out into the darkness that surrounds you. Your throat is dry and sweat pours down your face. It's burning up in here, you think. "Hello? Anyone out there?" You call out again. You begin to walk forward, hands in front of you. One step at a time. Your breathing quickens as the heat gets worse. There's got to be someone here to help. There's got to be something-
A cold surface touches your hand. You press against it and walk around, hitting the surface. There's no exit. Your fists pound down on the walls. "Hello? Someone let me out!" you screech. The fear is choking you. This is so familiar. Where are you? You keep asking yourself. Think. Just think. Maybe I don't want the answer. You freeze, memories filling your head.
You knew the answer. You just didn't want to conclude it yourself. No. No. No.
"Welcome back." A deep voice says behind you. You turn around. Flames appear all around you, keeping you and the man close together.
The man draws his knife and takes one step closer to you.
No. No. This can't be happening.

~

"No!" You scream, thrashing. You throw the covers off of you and curl up at the foot of the bed. Hot tears fall down your cheeks.

"W-what?" You hear faintly. Your sobs echo across the room. You bury your face in your hands. It was so real. So real. Your face is hot and sticky, your eyes burning from the tears. A hand grabs your wrist and you yank your arm back. "It's me." Hiccup whispers. "___? What is it?" He takes your hands off your face and wipes the tears away. "It was just a nightmare." He says softly.

You turn towards Hiccup's voice. There's no light, it's probably still late. "It was so real." You choke out. Arms wrap around you and lift you off the bed. Hiccup places you on his lap. You bury your face in his shoulder. "I-I was back there, Hiccup. He had me. He was going to kill me." Your body shakes with fear.

"Shhh. It's okay. You're here with me." He brushes your hair back as you cry. "You're alright. I'll always be here. I'll always protect you."

"Promise?" You whisper.

"I promise." Your eyes begin to close and your head feels light. You fall asleep, comforted by the feeling of Hiccup softly brushing your hair back.