Chapter 29

Excuse any mistakes. c:

A thin cover of snow lays on the ground as you walk outside. You walk down the paths, holding your arms close to your chest. Your breath comes out in puffs of smoke.

You really don't want to go back home, and Hiccup's house is not someplace you want to go when you're trying to avoid him. Where am I going to go now?

"___!" A voice says to your right.

"Morning, Gobber." You say as you walk up to him.

"Where's Hiccup?" He asks.

"Oh. Eating breakfast."

"Without you? I've never seen you two apart for so long."

"I'm actually just trying to avoid everyone."

"Ah. I see."

"So if you could not-"

"You don't have to worry about it, ___. I won't tell anyone I saw you." He smiles. "There's always sword fighting you can practice." He says. You smile. Gobber always wanted you to practice, because everyone else your age was already so skilled in it and you were behind.

"Thanks, Gobber." He nods and walks off. You walk behind Gobber's house where he has targets for you to practice on. Tall, wooden logs shaped into different shapes. You draw your sword and raise it above your head. You bring it down on the wood roughly, causing curved chunks to drop to the snow covered grass.

You lost track of time after a while. Your fingers were frozen and the snow was coming down harder, falling in your hair. You didn't mind. All the anger you'd built up had to be released; and this was how you had to do it.

You hear a twig snap and turn around. It's Hiccup, looking at you with concern. You turn away from him and hit the wood, breaking off another small chunk. "I've been looking for you everywhere, ___." He says from behind you.

"Well, I've been here." You say coldly.

Hiccup sighs. "Why didn't you tell me?"

You don't say anything. Another chunk of wood falls to the snow.

"____."

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to know how'd you would react." You swing your sword again. "I mean, it doesn't matter anyways. The guy's dead anyways."

"It still matters."

"No it doesn't."

"___."

"It doesn't, Hiccup! What did you think they'd do anyways? Just let me sit there in total comfort while looking for Toothless?"

You raise your sword to hit the wood again, when hands grab yours. Hiccup takes your sword and drives it into the ground. "Whoa. When did you get so strong?"

Hiccup shakes his head at you. "Why aren't you taking this seriously?"

"Because it doesn't matter."

"What do you mean it doesn't matter?!"

Tears fill your eyes. "Hiccup, I just want to forget it. I don't want to have nightmares and live in constant fear about it. About whether that guy got out, if he's looking for me-" Hiccup covers your mouth with his hand.

"I'm sorry." Is all he says. His hand drops from your face and to your shoulder. "I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." You smile.

"No," He mumbles, eyes closing.

"Hiccup. Look at me." You place your hands on his cheeks and he opens his eyes. "There's nothing to be sorry for. I guess I probably should of told you, but I was scared. I didn't think I could talk about it without completely breaking down and I knew that would just worry you more..." you take a deep breath.

Hiccup pulls you closer, touching his forehead to yours. "I love you." He whispers.

"Love you too." You whisper. "And I'll tell you everything one day."

Hiccup nods and pulls away. "Well. We still have a few hours until dinner. We can work on our flight suits."

"Okay." You smile.

~

"Looks like we're about done with mine." Hiccup says, holding up his completed suit. You smile and clap. Hiccup laughs and shakes his head at you. Toothless nods in approval. You'd gone straight to Hiccup's house to work on the flight suits since Stoick wouldn't be home anyways. "Soon enough we'll finish yours." He puts away all of the supplies and sits in front of the fireplace. You move and sit beside him.

He stares at the wooden floor and you play with his hair. "What are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm doing your hair." You say as you finish a small braid on the right side of his head. "There. That's adorable. You should leave it." Hiccup touches the braid and smiles.

"You are such a dork." He says, laughing.

"Well, so are you." You say defensively.

"Come on, let's go to dinner."

Slowly making our way to the totally gorgeous 20 year old Hiccup. ^_^