Chapter 24

This chapter is short, but the next one is long. I might post it later. Maybe.Thank you all for the 3.5k reads. Enjoy & please excuse any spelling errors. c: ♥

You're unconscious, but you can still hear the breaking glass echoing throughout your head. What is it? Whatever you're looking at, a white room, lights up to an orange color and you feel a nudge on your hand. A light, warm puff of air hits your face. Nothing makes sense. Is this a dream? Am I dying?

Then a new sound echoes through your head. A small, quiet, heartbreakingly adorable whimper. (D/n).

Your eyes flutter open and you see her bright (d/e/c) eyes staring at you. "(D/n)." You whisper, smiling weakly. "How'd you get here?" You lift your arm and stroke her head. She purrs and presses her face into your neck. You look around and see the flames licking up the walls. Coughing, you slowly sit up. "We have to get out of here." The smoke is beginning to fill the room. (D/n) bites your sleeve and helps pull you up. You stumble around, looking for the door.

I need to get down and crawl. But what if I can't get up again? You shake your head and let (D/n) lead you to the door. On the way you stumble over a body. It moans and you scramble up. "Oh Gods," you gasp.

(D/n) pulls you away. With a sigh of relief you reach the door and push it open, slamming it shut so the man won't find his way out.

As you run down the stairs, you look around. If (d/n) is here, Hiccup has to be here somewhere. "(D/n), where's Hiccup?" You ask, even though you know she can't answer. But even though (d/n) is a baby, she is still brave enough to come and save me. She clamps her teeth down on your sleeve again and pulls you towards heavy wooden doors. You pull them open and run out, sprinting down the dark hallway.
I have to find Hiccup.