Chapter 39

I've been busy all day; I didn't edit this chapter at all and the ending is just awful because I didn't have any other ideas for it. Enjoy anyways. ^-^

A shake on your shoulder wakes you from your nap. You groan and roll over, burying your face in your pillow. "Go away," you groan.

You feel Hiccup's chest shake with laughter. "Come on," he says. "I let you sleep for hours."

"I don't care," you say again, pushing him away.

"Come on, ___," he says. He shakes your shoulders. "Let's go."

"Go where?" You mutter.

"Dinner," he says. The thought of food makes your stomach growl.

"Hmmmm," you say, turning on your back to look at Hiccup. "Food does sound good."

"That's what I thought. Come on," he tugs on your hand.

"Wait," you groan, stretching your arms. "I have to get ready again."

Hiccup sighs. "Hurry up then," he says.

"I'll hurry, I'll hurry," you say, combing through your hair with your fingers. Hiccup watches you from the bed. You look at your reflection in the small, dusty mirror on your dresser. You see Hiccup staring at you as you braid your hair. You blush. "What?" You ask.

"Nothing," he says, shrugging.

"Okay," you breathe. "You're so weird."

Hiccup laughs and you finish tying the end of your braid. "Done?"

"Done," you say. Hiccup takes your hand and together you walk through the streets of Berk, the first time walking with him as your fiancée.

~

You and Hiccup sit in your usual seats, your arm looped around his. You smile at you each other nonstop, the thought of an upcoming wedding, a future with Hiccup, clouding your worried thoughts. Astrid eyes the both of you suspiciously, making you feel a little awkward.

"You guys are acting different," Astrid says. Hiccup shrugs. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Hiccup says. You shrug and look down at your plate, taking a piece of chicken off the bone.

The rest of the meal consists of everyone listening to Snotlout's constant bragging, and Ruff and Tuff's hilariously sassy comments.

"I think we should tell Dad," Hiccup whispers in your ear.

Your stomach does a couple of flips and you push your plate away. "Uh," you swallow. "Do you think he'll like the idea?"

"That's what we're going to find out," he says. He stands up and holds his hand out to you.

You take it but sigh. "I'll join you in a few minutes. I really don't feel good."

Hiccup's eyes fill with concern. "Are you okay?" He asks. "I can take you home."

"No," you say. "I just need some fresh air. Go talk to your Dad. I'll be there soon."

"Are you sure?" He asks. You nod. He kisses your cheek swiftly and then walks toward Stoick. You leave the Great Hall, deciding to walk around the paths nearby.