Chapter 35

Sorry for the wait, guys! I was going to post on Friday, but ended up being extremely busy.
Thank you soooo much for the favorites and reads. ♥ You all are great.

"Hiccup," you say as you walk back to your house. "You're acting weird." You nudge his shoulder playfully. Ever since Dagur looked at you, Hiccup has been quiet and tense.

He doesn't look at you when he responds. "Sorry," he mutters. "I'm just..." He shakes his head.

"Mad," You finish for him. He nods and looks at the ground. "It's okay, Hiccup. He didn't mean anything by it." Hiccup finally looks over at you and you shrug. "What?" You ask.

"Didn't mean anything by it?" He asks in disbelief. "I think he did, really."

"Hiccup," You say.

"Did you see the way he looked at you?" You nod. "He looked at you in that creepy way. I don't like it."

"Hiccup," you say again.

"I don't want you outside anywhere by yourself."

You sigh deeply. "Hiccup, come on."

"I'm serious, ___." He stops and grabs your wrists, making you face him. The wind blows a few loose strands of your hair across your face. "I don't trust him. I don't know why my father thinks it's a good idea to give him a chance."

You shake your head and look at the ground. "I just... I think it's ridiculous. I'm not helpless, Hiccup. If he does get near me I can take care of myself you know."

"I know."

"Then why-"

"Because I can't stand even the thought of something happening to you." He says. Your cheeks heat up and you look up at him. "I've almost lost you before and," he looks away from you and shakes his head. His voice sounds strained. "I-I can't handle it. Gods."

You stay silent for a minute and then nod slowly. "Okay. Gods, Hiccup. Who knew you could be serious for once?" You smile at him and he laughs.

"Surprising, I know."

You're hesitant for a minute before asking, "I'm still not allowed to be alone, huh?"

"No. Sorry." He says. You roll your eyes. Hiccup sighs. "Okay, at least have (D/n) there at all times."

"Alright, alright. Fine." Hiccup laughs softly and kisses you softly. "Speaking of (d/n), I'd better go feed her again before she eats the whole village."

Hiccup laughs again and nods. "Okay. I'll come by in the morning."

"Okay." You say. He kisses you again and you wrap your arms around him, hugging him close. The wind blows again and you shiver. Hiccup holds you closer to him.

"It's probably going to snow." Hiccup says quietly. "You should go inside."

You nod and step back, reaching up to kiss his cheek before walking to your house.