Chapter 28

Kinda short chapter. I'll update again later. c:

You're woken up by a nudge and a low growl in your ear. "What, (D/n)?" You mumble. She tugs on your hair and you sigh. "Okay I'll get up." You sit up and rub your eyes. She sits on your pillow, eyes bright. You pet her and look at Hiccup, who still lays beside you, snoring softly. You brush his hair back from his face and smile.

(D/n) growls at you and you move yourself away from Hiccup's hold. "Alright, are you hungry?" You ask. She jumps into your arms and climbs on your shoulder. You grab a few fish from a basket and feed (D/n). You hear a creak in the floorboards and look behind you.

"Morning." You say cheerfully to Hiccup.

"Good morning, milady." He says, walking over and wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Do we have plans today?" You ask.

"Of course, but let's go get breakfast first." He smiles. You nod.

"Come on, (D/n)." You say over your shoulder as you walk out of the house. She trots behind, ears perked up. You pass Hiccup's house on the way to the Great Hall and see Toothless jumping up on the roof.

"Down here, Toothless." Hiccup calls. Toothless jumps down and drags his saddle in front of Hiccup. "Later, Bud. I promise. Just let us eat first." He pats Toothless and starts walking again. Toothless walks behind you, looking down at (D/n) happily.

When you get to the Great Hall, you feel uncomfortable as all of the vikings' eyes fall on you. You quickly walk to the usual table, where the twins, Fishlegs, Snotlout, and Astrid talk quietly.

"It's about time you got here." Astrid says as Hiccup takes his seat beside you. "I asked your Dad where you were last night," Astrid smiles.

"Oh, uh- Why?" Hiccup looks down at the table.

"Well, we saw you take her back to your place and we wanted to know how she was." She says. Hiccup just nods. "So where were you all night?"

"I was at ___'s house." He shrugs.

"All night?" Ruffnut asks.

"Yeah, well I was scared." You mumble.

"Scared?" Astrid laughs quietly.

"Well the last time I was alone I was kidnapped and then tortured for three days." You say, your eyes on the table. Tears cloud your vision. But you can still see Hiccup's shocked face out of the corner of your eye. "Excuse me." You whisper. You stand up and walk out without looking behind you.