Chapter 16

Okay thank you all so much for the 1k reads! That may not seem like much to anyone else, but it's a lot for me. So thank you. c:
I tried to write this chapter three times and still couldn't get it right but this is the best of all three.

"Morning." You say as you take your seat in the Great Hall the next morning. Hiccup smiles at you and takes your hand from under the table.

"Good morning." He says happily. "Want to work on our flight suits today?"

"Of course." You say, taking a piece of bread off his plate.

"Hey." He says as you take a bite.

"What?" You mumble, giggling as you eat the bread.

"That was mine." He pouts.

"Ugh." Ruffnut says.

"You guys are so flirting." Tuffnut finishes.

"We are not." Hiccup says as you blush a deep red.

"Yeah, you are." Astrid grumbles over her food.

You take a deep breath. "Well, I'll be outside." You walk out and walk down the path, unbraiding and braiding your hair as you go. You walk further than you'd thought, and decide to walk back as you make it to the edge of the trees. You turn around to walk back and stop when you hear a twig snap. You turn and see someone walk back into the trees. You didn't get a good glimpse of him, and he doesn't look familiar. You run back to the houses, looking behind you as you run.

As you make it back arms wrap around you and you push away from them, gasping.

"____, whoa. It's just me." Hiccup says. You take a deep breath. "Is everything alright?" He asks, looking behind you. "What happened?"

"Nothing, I just..." you shake your head. "I though I, I uh- saw.. something."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Sorry I just, I'm jumpy today I guess." You shrug.

"Okay. Well." He takes your hand and leads you to Toothless. He helps you up and you wrap your arms around his waist, looking behind you as you take off.

~

"You're sure you don't want me to walk you home?" Hiccup asks as you walk towards his front door.

"I'm sure. It's late anyways..."

"Okay." He smiles at you. You wave and walk outside. The paths are empty and everything is quiet.

When you're almost to your house, you hear a twig snap from behind you. You turn around but don't see anything. You shake your head and start walking again.

When the hands cover your mouth and eyes, you freeze for the shortest second. What is going on? You start thrashing around, your screams muffled by the hand over your mouth. I should've asked Hiccup to walk with me. Then this wouldn't be hap-

Your head hits something hard and everything goes black.