Chapter 31

Two chapters in one day... ^_^ enjoy. I didn't edit this chapter.

Your eyes open to a light room and you sigh. "It's about time you woke up." Hiccup mumbles from beside you.

"Sorry." You say, sitting up. "How long have you been up?"

"Long enough to finish this." He stands up. Hiccup is now wearing his flight suit, one he's spent weeks making.

"No way, you finished it!" Hiccup nods. "So now you can fly like a dragon?"

"Well, more like gliding. That's what we're going to find out."

"Wait- so you don't know it'll work or not?" He shakes his head and you sigh. "Well, let's go find out."

~

"Hiccup, maybe you shouldn't." You say as Hiccup boards Toothless. You stand on the cliff, holding (D/n) in your arms.

"I'll be fine." Hiccup says.

You sigh. "Just please be careful."

Hiccup flips his helmet over his head. "Hm. Maybe." Then he flies off.

You watch as Toothless shoots up in the air, through the clouds. (D/n) shakes her head and grumbles to herself as she climbs on your shoulder. "This so reckless." Your eyes scan the sky for him. Minutes pass and there's so sign of either of them. Worry fills you. Is he okay? Toothless can't even fly on his own.

A roar fills the air and both of them push their way out of the clouds. They're diving, head first, near the ocean. You laugh and cheer.

"This is amazing!" You hear him shout as he glides over your head. You turn and watch him land in the grass. He laughs and Toothless shakes his head. You run to his side.

"Are you okay?" You laugh.

"Never been better." He says breathlessly. "You should try that. It was amazing!" You help pull him up off the ground.

You laugh and help him brush the dirt and grass off his shirt. "You're such a dork." You say, planting a kiss on his cheek.

As you and Hiccup fly back to Berk he talks about all of his ideas. "...We can map out everything. And of course there's the flaming sword I want to make..." You shake your head and roll your eyes.

"And when exactly do you plan on getting all this done?" You ask.

"Soon." Hiccup sighs. "Dad wants me to be the chief."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But I keep telling him that it's just not for me. I'm not good with fixing problems and taking charge. I wish he'd listen to me. I try to tell him that... That's not for me." He says sadly, shaking his head.

You wrap your arms around his waist and lay your head on his shoulder. I feel bad for him. I understand how he feels. "I know I can't do anything to stop it. You know that too, right?"

"Yeah." He sighs. "I know."

"But I'll always be here for you." Hiccup turns his head towards you. "You won't be alone during anything. When ever you need me, I'll be here." Hiccup leans down and kisses you.

"Thank you." He whispers.