Chapter 36

Here's a short little chapter for you guys. This story is going to be over in the next two or three chapters, but if you guys want (just comment if you do I guess) I'll be posting some Hiccup x Reader one shots and possibly another Hiccup x Reader story.
So comment, favorite, all that stuff. ^-^

Just as he'd said, Hiccup knocked on your door that morning. He stood in front of the fireplace while you got ready. You left your hair down, and pulled on a light brown furry shawl. It was soft and warm, and smelled of pine trees. Hiccup bought it for you and gave it to you this morning.

You left your bedroom and Hiccup turned to face you. He smiled as you walked up to him. "You look," he pauses, grabbing you by your waist and pulling you against him. "Beautiful." He finishes. You blush and he kisses you softly.

"Thanks." You say quietly, pulling away.  (D/n) whines from behind you. You turn your head to look at her. "Aw, (D/n), are you jealous?" She whines again and you pull away from Hiccup's grip and sit on the floor in front of (D/n). She climbs in your lap, even though she's not exactly small anymore, and lays her head on your chest, right below your chin. "You know I love you more than anyone, huh?" You ask her. She purrs and wraps her tail around you.

Hiccup sighs and sits on the floor beside you. He touches your waist and (D/n) growls, snapping at his arm. Hiccup throws his hands up and shakes his head.

"Be nice," you warn. She whimpers before moving back in her original spot. She begins purring again.

"What'd I ever do to you, huh?" Hiccup asks, reaching out to scratch (D/n) behind the ears. "I'm the one who brought you to a home in the first place, spoiled dragon." (D/n) shakes her head until Hiccup moves his hand back. "She seriously does hate me."

"It's okay, Hiccup. I don't hate you." You kiss him on the cheek.

Hiccup smiles and rolls his eyes. "That's a relief." You playfully push him and he pushes you back. (D/n) grumbles and jumps off of your lap. She flies herself to the center of your bed and curls up there. "When are you going to put her through real training?" Hiccup asks, helping you off the ground.

"I guess I can tomorrow." You shrug. "If you can help me. I haven't trained a dragon since-" you swallow and blink tears away at the thought of your first dragon, who gave up her life to save yours. Hiccup smiles at you and grabs your hand.

"I'll help you." He says. "Now come on, let's go for a ride on Toothless before breakfast." You smile and nod.

It's snowing softly outside and the snow is starting to stick to the ground. Toothless sees you and jumps excitedly. He licks the side of your face and you push him away, laughing.

"That's disgusting," you say. Hiccup laughs and climbs on Toothless. He reaches down for you and pulls you up behind him. You wrap your arms around his waist and he places one hand in top of yours, the other holding on to the saddle.