4. Meeting The Varia

{Varia headquarter, Italy}

Yucca stood in front of a gigantic castle-like mansion, forest surrounded him, as Iemitsu's car made its way out of the estate. The man couldn't accompany him inside as he had received an urgent call from one of his subordinates, in the end, the two bid their farewell in front of the car before Iemitsu left.

The majestic building stood proudly as Yucca carefully observed it, on his way there he had seen many traps and a few cameras to prevent or stop any invasions. It didn't surprise him when he found out defense mechanisms outside of the walls, although he had to wonder if they were loaded or not after the Varia's failed coup attempt.

Making his way to the entrance, he wondered how he would get in. Iemitsu wasn't here, and he didn't have any key or knew any password to unlock the door. Knocking would unquestionably be followed with a failure, the Varia didn't care about him, and he was all but welcomed in their house.

Taking a deep breath, his gaze, swept the entrance as he looked for holes in their defense system. He could force the gate open or climb above the walls, worst case scenario his fantastic intuition or visions would save his ass. Thinking about it, maybe letting him force his way into their hideout was a test to see if he was worth their time.

Shrugging it off, Yucca took a step back to observe the structure once more. His phone now in hand, he leaned against the wall and unlocked it, his gaze flickered for an instant to his right where the forest was before he gave his business smile and went back to tipping on his phone. He knew the Varia observed him since he came into their territory, it wouldn't hurt to show them a glimpse of his ability.

His phone now linked to the global network, Yucca casually hacked into one of Earth's many satellites to get a better understanding of his geographic situation. Downloading it (the map), he erased any trace of his passage and researches before taking a closer look at his newly acquired map. The castle was surrounded by hectares of forest far from any city and overlooked the whole territory in an intimidating manner.

Yucca's eyes imperceptibly widened as he whistled in amazement, this estate was the real deal.

Getting back to business, Yucca this time hacked into the Varia's security system. If he couldn't open the door, why not break it? As he took firewalls down one after the other, he suddenly came to a halt, his smooth progress, was hindered by someone and his action which should have ended in a matter of seconds now started to take more time.

He didn't know who was behind the computer, facing him, but Yucca couldn't help the small smirk when faced with a new challenge. Stepping up his game a bit, he was pleased to see his opponent not falter but counter-attack with as much vigor if not more than before.

Things were getting interesting.

Lines of code flashed on his phone's screen as he tried to keep up with his unknown challenger. To be honest, hacking via his phone wasn't the best, but Yucca thought it gave him a nice handicap with his otherworldly experience and didn't dwell on it. As he was the God of Death in his past life, the phone would only slow his progress, not stop it.