27. Future Memories

{Varia headquarter, Italy}

Getting out of his room, Yucca started to sort out his visions. Well, memories from what Lussuria had said.

A calm expression on his face, the cloud guardian wore his usual business smile. Nodding and smiling at those he met in the corridor, he hid his inner reflection perfectly. Although, he could feel the air around him had shifted.

Maybe because it hadn't been so long since their failed coup, he didn't know. But even so, it didn't explain the vibe Lussuria, and Belphegor gave off in his presence.

It seemed distant, almost reproachful. The raven head didn't understand, but it felt like he had done them wrong and he didn't know how. His reflection on the matter came to a stop as he thought back on his visions.

Ah, it must be linked to that. He mused in understanding.

His footstep came to a halt in front of a grand mahogany door. Pausing, he stared at the door for a few seconds. Not making any movements, he let his eyes flicker from right to left, scanning his surrounding on reflex before gently knocking.

No answer. Knocking once gain, Yucca opened the door. "I'm coming in, Boss."

Bang.

Black hair swayed to the side as tilted his head to the right, his purple eyes flickering to the wall behind him where rested his Boss' bullet before resting on his Boss' figure. He smiled, nodding before greeting his Boss in his usual false courtesy.

Xanxus grunted, the fuming gun still in his hand, he let his hand rest on his armchair as the other held an almost empty glass of red wine.

Not uttering a single word, Yucca made his way inside the room. Passing behind his Boss' silent figure he took the already open red win bottle. "So, Boss," he started, breaking the silence as he served his Boss another glass of wine. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

Xanxus grunted, not answering directly, he brought the wine glass up to his lips. Inhaling the red liquid's fragrance, he leaned into his quilted seat before taking a sip of it. "Sit," he ordered, not taking his eyes off of the red liquid as it gently twirled inside of his wine glass.

Silently complying to his Boss' order, the guardian took a sit on the dark red couch facing his Boss. In the far corner of the room, he could see a maidservant waiting. With a slight wave of his hand, the girl who looked to be in her late teens early twenties started to move. Crouching down, she took a bottle of whiskey and served the cloud a glass before retreating once more in the shadow of the room.