42. Establishing a Collaboration

{Namimori, Japan}

{Namimori, Japan}

Staring at his cellphone, Yucca trailed behind the Varia. The group, after receiving Sawada Tsunayoshi's visit last night decided to give the teen a chance to explain his plan.

To say the guardians were surprised at their Boss' benevolent approach would be an understatement, but then again, his decision remained understandable. Against the Vindice, the number of trumps they had was limited.

Take Metsu, although the feline was a fearful being, the energy needed to summon him and the apparent backlash Yucca suffered from calling him, weren't to be underestimated. At the time the Vindicare guards didn't know of the cat, but now that they did they should have taken countermeasures.

To call the animal again would be a reckless and most probably useless move.

Silently tipping on his phone's tactical keyboard, Koro's purple hues momentarily flickered to the right as he caught one of his subordinate's supposedly hidden figure. He frowned, his eyes meeting the underling's own for a second before he retracted his line of sight to his screen. He would have to look at their training regiment later.

His phone gave a single vibration and a new message popped on his screen. Quickly reading over it, Yucca couldn't help a chuckle from slipping past his lips as he wrote his brother an answer back.

"Shishi, you're having fun, Yu?" Came Bel's voice from behind the white's shoulder. The teen who shamelessly stared at his cloud counterpart's messages sent the older male a questioning look behind his bangs before reading the messaging log.

Yucca only sparred the storm a glance, a wry smile on his face he dismissed the other's reading of his texts, deeming them not important enough to hide. "Sure, and you Bel?" he asked as he received a new message from his brother.

Bel hummed, focused on the conversation as he had nothing better to do, his left hand aimlessly played with one of his many daggers until he tilted his head slightly to the side. The motion halted for a second as he went over the sender's ID. Boss?

"Boss?" The teen asked, his voice holding both curiosity and suspicion. His bangs swayed slightly to the side, revealing a glimpse of his eyes for a second. His usual grin seemed to have faded a little too as he awaited the older's answer.

The word fell, and just like that, most of the Varia's attention went to the cloud and storm guardians. Boss? Who was this Boss he was texting when their Boss was walking before him, no phone in hand? The feeling of possible betrayal which they had buried not so long ago was slowly peaking its head again as they listened into their conversations.