38. Losing isn't an Option

{???, ???}

{???, ???}

"Come one, get out of your hiding," a raven head whined as he strolled through the forest. His black coat fluttered with every step he took as the flowery emblem on his left breast pocket shone under the sunlight. "I won't bite," he added, an excited smirk adorning his face as his eyes momentarily glinted an orange color.

::

Steadying his ragged breathing as best as he could, the man's prey leaned against one of the trees. His senses as sharp as possible he tried to catch every sound his pursuer made, to predict and avoid the raven better.

"It's not funny anymore, Feng-chan, get out now," the raven repeated, irritation starting to lace with his voice as his previously childish like demeanor stopped.

Feng didn't answer, straining himself to stay on guard as best as he could, he waited. It was hard for the Arcobaleno to have full control of his senses with how vulnerable he was in the open, the air around him seeming to attack his core every time he took a breath, but he managed, somehow. He hadn't expected someone to, abruptly come at him, especially not someone from one of the warring parties. Someone he used to consider an ally.

Perhaps, secluding himself so often hadn't been a good idea, but he couldn't cry about it now, only take full responsibility. As the dizziness gradually faded and his consciousness cleared up, the storm came to realize no more sound were made behind him. He didn't or perhaps couldn't hear the Millefiore's reaper anymore.

His senses tingled, screaming for him to run away, to hide as far as possible and never come out, but to where? Feng slowly stood up, his body hurting from his and the raven's encounter, minutes or perhaps an hour ago, as he scanned his surrounding.

The eerily silence only served to unnerve him more, he couldn't detect the ex-guardian's breathing. And his condition unabled him from knowing whether it was because the raven had given up or because his hearing ability was slowly fading. Part of the Arcobaleno wished for the first answer to be the one, but the martial artist knew better, his body was something he would never be mistaken about, his auditive capacity obviously was dwindling.

Breathing, as to calm his unnerved self, he took a running position before abruptly dashing. In a blur of black, something or someone fell from above, landing in front of the Arcobaleno and stopping him in his track.

"Well, well, look what the cat dragged in," the hunter sang, a satisfied smile adorning his face as his purplish eyes gazed at the smaller's pitch black ones. "Fancy meeting you here, Fon-chan."