31. Inheritance Ceremony

{Varia headquarter, Italy}

Xaxnus stared at his guardians silently, the frown never leaving his face as his hand twitched, eager to take hold of his gun. At last, he broke the silence. "What are you scums doing," he demanded.

Lussuria was the first one to answer, "We are getting ready for the inheritance ceremony Boss, did you forget?" he wondered with a tilt of his head. "Sawada Tsunayoshi will receive the sin tomorrow-" his speech was interrupted by the sound of his screeching. "Don't shot me, Boss!" He whined.

Xanxus blinked, ignoring his sun's complaints, he turned to face the remaining guardians. "Go on," he ordered, waiting for one of them to continue were Lussuria left.

Clearing his throat, Leviathan took a step forward. "You received an invitation a week ago Boss, you told me to discard it."

Xanxus hummed, muttering a curt "I see," he turned around, making his way out of the room. Pausing, he turned his head in his guardians' direction. His stern gaze swept over every one of them before becoming more severe. "You better not embarrass the Varia, scums," he snarled.

The door slammed closed.

::

{Inheritance ceremony, Japan}

"Ushishi, I was convinced the Boss wouldn't let you come with us, Yu," Belphegor cackled. "I hoped you and the baby would be excused, wouldn't have had to see your faces, shishi!"

Koro gave the storm a wry smile, chuckling. "I love you too Bel," he shot back, before tilting his head to the left, evading one of Bel's knives.

"Shishi, don't get full of yourself Yu," Bel muttered his tone a bit lower than usual.

Koro hummed, "Sure," he answered dismissively before turning to face the mist guardian.

As the sleek limousine came to a halt, so did the Varia's chatter. "Squalo-sama," the chauffeur called out to the vice commander who had been chosen as the official nanny for their little excursion, for better or for worse. "We have arrived."

Squalo huffed. "Voii trashes, we're getting down!" He announced, stepping out of the black car as one of the butlers opened the door for him.