11. The Reason of Our Downfall

{Namimori, Japan}

{Namimori, Japan}

Shock, shock, and fear were the only two emotions present in Yucca's eyes as he overlooked the lightning guardians' fight.

To be honest, he hadn't expected much from it. Leviathan, a full-grown adult, one of the Varia's best member going against a five-year-old child who knew nothing of the world, the issue of the battle was evident even before it began.

Leviathan against such a tiny and insignificant opponent should have won an easy victory. Whatsmore his boss, his beloved idol was watching him. All the odds were in the spiky haired male's favor.

So how did he end up this way, thoroughly beaten up, fighting against a distant image of the future? Things had entirely gone out of Yucca's and every member of the Varia's (of the Vongola even) calculations.

This duel wasn't supposed to end this way, Levi should have won, in less than a minute, and the lightning ring would have been ours without any hesitation.

But anyway, it didn't go as planned and now Levi had been injured and on the verge of losing while Lambo, the teens' representative needed to, urgently be, sent to the hospital.

... The only positive thing about this outcome, to the Varia at least was the fact that the sky ring had been, confiscated due to Sawada Tsunayoshi being, disqualified for interfering during the fight.

::

The question of the lightning battle remained on Yucca's mind the whole night, even the next morning when he put on one of his many disguises, he couldn't help but think about the unexpected outcome they were, given.

His hair dyed a light shade of brown and his eyes wearing dark brown lenses Yucca put on a plain white t-shirt and jeans, a cheap blue apron covering the whole outfit. Putting on some, light unnoticeable makeup as to add some freckles to his face, Yucca silently made his way out of the condo, his black backpack in hand.

It was currently 9.38am, the hospital's visiting hours began at 10.00am sharp, by the time he reached it, no doubt would it have opened.

::

Evening, calmly sipping his espresso at one of Nomimori's cafe's terrace, Yucca contemplated his and the Varia's situation regarding the rings' battles.

Now out of his disguise and back to his usual appearance, Yucca thought back on what could have gone wrong within their plan.

Why? Just why was every duel going wrong? First was Lussuria's unexpected loss, then came Leviathan's barely won battle, just what exactly did these students have that the Varia didn't?

Everything, all the odds were in their favor. From pure strength to experience, scheming abilities included, the Varia was, compared to the teens' group far superior in every possible domain. So what were they lacking?