41. Enters the Vindice

{Namimori, Japan}

{Namimori, Japan}

Exhaling, Koro could feel the uselessly gathered flames stocking up in his rings as he slowly sat down. Legs crossed, he leaned against the wall, his purple eyes taking in the torn up hotel room before settling on his Boss. They flickered to his beaten up comrades namely Lussuria and Leviathan before he stood up. The battle recap had been given a second ago.

And, as he more or less predicted team Skull and Fon were wiped out. Well, Hibari destroyed his battle watch, something he had thought off previously, and team Skull was taken out by a third party. Team Bermuda. He would have to look into them, but what could he gather on the Vindice that wasn't common underworld gossip?

"I'm going out," he announced to no one in particular. "Do you guys need anything?" he asked as he neared the exit, his black trench coat on as he stuffed his wallet and phone into its pockets. Not earning any answer he made his way out. The sun had long since set and the moon, which had not risen since it was alway out, shone into the night.

Strolling down the deserted streets of Namimori, Koro looked up at the moon, the brilliant crescent moon that hung in the night sky. It was a beautifully nostalgic sight. It brought him back to his time as a teacher, when he would teach class 3-E. When the moon would look over them and remind them of their incoming death if they didn't kill him. Kill him.

His eyes snapped from their semi-dazed state as he came upon the obvious realization Earth would explode when his self's dimension imploded. It made a deprecative smirk grow on his face before a dry chuckle escaped his lips. Right, after they solved Mammon's case, he would have to take some days off to meet with the Him of this dimension. Should he tell the Varia his motive? That was an issue he would address when needed.

Yucca's eyes narrowed dangerously as his left wrist flickered. Right, he would address it once the pest was out of his way. With these thoughts, he started to build up the energy in his Varia rings once more. Staring ahead of him the cloud cleared his mind, so they did come, he mused. Blackish fog built up before him only to reveal one of the dreaded Vindice guards.

He knew they were the violent type, to overtake one of the participating group, they had to use violence. And he guessed that out of all the Arcobaleno Bermuda was the thirstiest for victory. It wasn't such an unbelievable idea for him to send his goons after the participating members. He had the means to, as the head of the Vindice, so why not do it? It made Yucca slightly bitter, they too as the Varia had tons of underlings they could use to ambush the other groups. But they didn't and instead played fair. He couldn't help the sigh from escaping his lips, weren't they the ones who used the Ninth to beat Tsunayoshi and his gang?