44. Back to the Routine

{Namimori, Japan}

{Namimori, Japan}

"You wanted to talk to me?" The, now uncursed, Arcobaleno asked from behind his glasses. Unlike the other Arcobalenos, although he did feel uncomfortable around the cloud, he didn't resent him. Well, perhaps he did, but the hate couldn't overcome the lingering feeling of collaboration he received from his future self.

After all, although one was responsible for the other's death, they did work with one another before. Then again, Verde couldn't help but think Innocenti and Koenig's death were linked to the male too. He shook his head. These events had yet to happen, and nothing said they would take place in the future.

The purple-eyed guardian nodded, his face didn't wear his usual smile as he stared at the smaller adult. "First, I would like to apologize, on my future self's behavior's behalf," he began, bowing to the scientist. The baby merely raised an eyebrow, not expecting the apology as he waited for the white to go on.

It seems a weight was taken off of his shoulders as Koro heaved an inaudible relieved sigh. Well, he still needed to see a few ex-Arcobalenos once he was done talking to Verde.

The green head's eyebrow rose as he waited for the male to go on, his lips curling up slightly as he took in the man's relieved figure. "So, what did you want to ask me?" He asked, not beating around the bush.

Koro blinked once, and his usual composure came back. A small smile bloomed on his lips as he casually took a seat on the brown leather couch before the scientist's comfy armchair. "I was wondering. You are, always looking for new challenges and experimentation? Am I wrong?" He inquired cooly.

The ex-lightning Arcobaleno gave a low hum as his brown pupils narrowed in contemplation. He sardonically smirked. "Of course I am. Those people wouldn't have dubbed me 'Da Vinci's Reincarnation' otherwise," he stated derisively.

Yucca chuckled. Right, how could he forget?

::

"Yucca-chan, are you going to the hospital with us?" Lussuria called out from behind his water glass as he glanced at the white head who was leaning in his seat, his hands absentmindedly tipping on his phone.

The cloud guardian perked up at the sun's voice. His fingers trailed to the upper part of his screen to show the time before he hummed in mild agreement. "Yeah, I'll come," he answered as he stood up, his phone now stuffed in his black pants' back pocket. "Isn't the Boss coming out today?" He asked aloud.