35. Mammon's Request

{Varia headquarter, Italy}

Lazying about in the living room, five of the Varia's current guardians spent their afternoon. Some snacks and drinks laid on the table as the members either chatted with one another or minded their business.

Koro, for once wasn't part of their usual banter and instead spent his time in the corner of the room, sitting on one of the quilted chairs his laptop in hand. Next to him was a cup of fuming earl gray and some "papet," a traditional cake from the Jura he'd brought back. It had a mild orange blossom taste to it that the cloud found himself strangely fond of.

Blocking his comrades out, Yucca silently typed on his keyboard as lines of code started to appear and disappear in a continuous and unstoppable manner. Currently trying to hack into the government's database, Koro's entire focus was on his screen. So far everything was alright. He hadn't been spotted and had almost finished imprinting himself into the system. Clicking on the enter key one last time, he observed as the speed of the lines slowed down until only one remained to confirm his success.

Information on his, or to be precise this dimension's Koro's identity was successfully retrieved. Files belonging to Yanagisawa's experiments were downloaded along with some of the directives the governments had adopted to counter their incoming destruction.

Not sweating at the feat he had accomplished, Koro praised his past life as the God of Death for its versatility and the current one for its capacity to always strive to become better. His hand calmly extended to his teacup as his usually gloved fingers came into contact with the hot ceramic. Not minding it, he took a sip. He would study these documents later, once everything had calmed down and his mind was clearer.

His eyes roamed the vast library the Varia considered their living room before he ushered one of the standing butlers, or agents charged of housekeeping, to come closer. Putting his cup down he typed a few more things, before shutting his computer down and putting it in its case. "Bring it back to my room," he ordered calmly, as he locked the case. "Put in on my desk," he paused as he handed it to the silent servant. "Don't touch anything else."

The butler bowed, taking the case under his arm. "As you wish, Yucca-sama," straightening once again, his glasses glinted as his brown eyes flickered to the cloud's almost empty cup. "Shall I bring you some tea too, Yucca-sama?"

Koro whose line of sight had gone to the book he previously had on his table, flickered his eyes to his drink before humming in agreement. "Please do."

Bowing once more, the butler took his leave.