12. After the Storms, the Rains

{Namimori, Japan}

{Namimori, Japan}

As promised, Belphegor ended the storm battle in less than a minute.

As soon as it began, Gokudera found himself surrounded by hundreds of daggers, all lunging at him. He didn't have time to catch his breath, as soon as he dodged, another range of knives charged at him, closely followed by an armed Bel.

Hayato didn't have the time to react, pinned to the ground by the Varia's youngest member, Gokudera's torture session began.

It lasted only 20 seconds at most, but to his friends who were observing them, it felt like years.

By the end of the duel, Belphegor had successfully retrieved the storm ring, and Hayato had passed out from blood loss. The whole ordeal lasted precisely 59 seconds, further humiliating the youngest storm guardian as Belphegor had been, from the start, counting every passing second as not to pass one minute.

Although Hayato's injuries weren't as grave as Lambo's, he was, still sent to the hospital's urgency care in the briefest delay. Having one eye missing wasn't something to scoff at, who knew if he would ever get over it.

Witnessing the battle's issue, Yucca was, submerged by mixed feelings. On one side, he was relieved to see Belphegor come out unscathed. After all, this was his goal from the start. But he couldn't help but feel guilty for being responsible for Gokudera Hayato's injuries. My stay in 3-E, really made me soft if I can't injure a teen without not feeling remorseful anymore.

::

The next morning, as promised, Yucca planned on spending the day with Bel. But before that, he had a present to prepare.

Taking a simple red card box out of his suitcase, Yucca gently put a few pieces of furniture he had prepared beforehand. Writing a small card to go with his gift, he added a royal blue ribbon as the final touch.

Now, to get dressed.

::

"Ushishishi, Yu, you're ready yet?" Belphegor inquired as he slammed the door to Yucca's room open, leaning on the door frame in his usual outfit "This prince doesn't like to wait."

Humming, Yucca turned to face Belphegor, "I'm coming," putting on his black trench coat, Yucca let his Varia coat lay on his bed. "I only need to run a quick errand though," he stated, taking his previously prepared gift into his hands.

"What's that?" Belphegor inquired, his smile as wide as usual.

"A gift," Yucca stated matter of factly as he made his way out of his room, Belphegor following behind.

Passing through the living room, Yucca and Belphegor merely announced their presence and how they were going out before exiting, their current headquarter.