2 | THE ENCOUNTER

"maybe it's lust, maybe it's love"

‣track two: Warm ft. Raury by The Neighbourhood

"Jennie,"

Pausing her game, she looked to the direction of the voice. Without having to see his appearance, she already knew who the voice belonged to. Shoving her phone to the back pocket of her black skinny jeans, she smiled with eyes glistening as his form came into view underneath the flicker of the lamp post.

His dark tresses flying around his sculpted facial features made him look godly, yet distinguishably out of place from the eeriness the night had overtaken.

Putting his hands to the pockets of his jacket, he stood in front of the girl, his height being about eight or seven inches taller than her, making the top of her head reach the tip of his jaw effortlessly.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here in the middle of the night?" He breathed out, his breath becoming visible at the apparent drop of temperature the desolate street had offered the two.

She rubbed at her own arms in attempts to create friction and keep warmth. Biting her bottom lip from trembling noticeably, her warm breath became visible as she replied.

"I'm headed home actually. Mrs. Robinson had me help her finish the dishes back at the diner. . . And who are you calling pretty?" Her attempt to keep her teeth from chattering were in vain and he noticed. Peeling his jacket off of himself, he anticipated the thought of her wearing his clothing.

Seeing as he removed a sleeve from himself, she brought her hands up in defense, hoping he would keep warm himself and remain in the comfort of his clothing.

"Oh no, please keep it on, I'll be fine."

Stopping himself from removing the jacket completely, he asked her again for assurance, his deep voice melting her insides. "Are you sure?" But he removed his jacket anyways and began to wrap it around her which gave him the ability to sniff at her inviting scent in the close proximity.

With this, he took extra care in taking his sweet time so he could linger a few seconds longer with how glorious she smelt. Losing himself, he let out a quiet hum which in return, caused her to put a hand on his chest. In the movement, she let her hand rest in the broadness of his firm chest and felt the thumping of his heart.

Sighing in defeat, she knew she couldn't return his feelings for her, but she could not formulate any reasonable explanation as to why. Her gut instincts kept telling her it was wrong, but her heart was proving otherwise. She undeniably had feelings for him back.

Taehyung couldn't decipher whether his heart beat was increasing due to his romantic feelings for her. . . Half of his heart belonged to the creature that overcame him every night just to satiate his hunger and lust—his heart beat for her, and only her. So much that right now, his human form could hardly hold back the temptations of ripping her open while making sweet love as he consumes her.