20 | CONFIDANT

The sound of pattering feet intensified within the darkness of the alley

The sound of pattering feet intensified within the darkness of the alley. What eyes could not see, ears did.

Taehyung and Mark had cornered a man, the side of his neck bleeding profusely from a bite. Holding his wound with one hand, the whites of the man's eyes were distinctively shaking as he looked back at the two pairs of glowing eyes at him.

Was this the end of him?

What more could he tell them?

He didn't know where Jennie was.

"I don't know what you guys want!" He whined, his back meeting the cold and damp wall.

"I'll—I'll tell you anything! Just don't hurt her!"

Mark hesitated, looking to Taehyung for instructions.

The side of Taehyung's mouth had oozed with whatever chunk he had bit off of the poor man.

He smirked, showcasing a lopsided smile that dropped with blood.

Glancing to Mark then back to the man, his voice was still and emotionless. "We would never hurt her... Just tell us what Jungkook is planning."

"I don't know!"

Mark took a step towards the man, yanking his arm away from his wound causing him to scream in pain.

"He's planning something. We don't know. I swear no one knows. Maybe Jennie, but we don't know. We're just the messengers."

"Why would he tell Jennie anything?"

The man blinked hot tears away from his eyes. "We sent out envelopes written by Jungkook but that's all. We don't know anything." He whined when Mark pulled his arm further.

"Jennie is all Jungkook confides in. He used to let her talk to us. But no one has seen her in days. I promise that's all I know."

Taehyung clenched his jaw. Stepping forward to come face to face with the man, his eyes pierced at him.

"What did those envelopes contain? Tell us and you'll run free."

"An invitation. To a ball."