17 | BROTHERLY LOVE

"when you're with him, you close your eyes and think of me"

Turning to her side, her limbs came into contact with a lean, muscular surface

Turning to her side, her limbs came into contact with a lean, muscular surface. Nuzzling her nose into a sickening scent that was everything manly, a low chuckle emanated from a raspy throat.

A firm and steady hand wrapped around her knowingly, bringing her into him closer. Snapping out of her delirium at his contact, she widened her eyes, her cheeks squished up against an unfamiliar torso.

Preparing to haul herself away from the body as if she touched lava, the grip around her body tightened.

"Shh, let's sleep away the responsibilities."

His melodious morning voice pierced her ears, a tune she could always listen to.

Confused of her situation, she laid there for a few seconds, obeying. Taking this moment of silence and the steady thumping of his heartbeat, she assessed the room.

Spacious and an earthly, homey vibe to it, she felt a pang in her chest with a feeling of familiarity when she noticed there were no windows.

He began to finger the tips of her long brown hair, twirling it around his pointer finger.

"How are you so calm?" After moments of just listening to his heartbeat, she questioned him, bringing her head up at an angle so she could see a glimpse of his sharp facial structures.

Keeping his eyes firmly shut, he hummed, drawing her attention to focus on his pink pouty lips.

"When you've lived for so long, not many things tend to phase you."

Jennie stared up at him, unblinking. Opening one eye, he peeked at her to see her big eyes staring cutely up at him.

Chuckling, he maneuvered himself to sit up, his back resting the headboard of the queen sized bed.

However, she stayed still, her body leaning against his despite his change of position.

"How long...How old.. Er.." Jennie was beginning to remember bits and pieces, but never the whole picture. She could remember feelings of love, regret, burden, loneliness... but that's all where it stopped.

"Asleep for three centuries, alive for four." he kept his face emotionless, but his eyes expressed it all.

Jennie felt herself drowning in them, the sorrow and loneliness that came from the reddish brown eyes.

Feeling ashamed, she dipped her head low, her hands clenching around the comforter. "I'm sorry you were lonely."

Bringing his fingers to her chin, he lifted her head so that he could see her face-look into her eyes properly. "Our parents wanted this."