21 | DISAPPOINTED

An assortment of clothing had painted the ballroom in splashes of colors you could think of

There were people of high status chatting away, clinking and clanking their wine glasses as Jungkook was seated in his comfy throne with Jennie securely wrapped beneath his sturdy arm.

From a distance, they seemed to be a lovely matched couple, a pair destined to be—a topic of many, but if you looked at them underneath a microscope, unhappiness and mistrust bubbled and turmoiled beneath both of their cool exuding features.

Jungkook was jealous, possessive with Jennie, and did no consolidating efforts to tell her how he remotely felt whenever she spent time with someone who wasn't him.

It wasn't difficult for Jennie to notice the hurt in Jungkook's eyes, and like a child, she would throw tantrums, locking herself away in their room for days, never speaking to any of the servants of their large, lonely, dire, desolate home.

It was then that Jungkook took into action of preparing a ball just for her, in which she took delight in, excited to converse with different people.

... Jungkook had always kept her in the dark of his intentions. He would leave in the middle of the night, and come back early morning with a newly ironed dress shirt, smelling of death and fresh roses.

A painstakingly insatiable smell that had always left her in a state of hunger. Having had tasted two of her lovers, she was always left unsatisfied no matter how much she drank from Jungkook.

She craved for Taehyung.

But the guilt, loneliness, and heartache she felt every time she looked into her brother's eyes had her at her knees. She wanted to make it up to him. Becoming a doll he wanted her to be.

Taehyung saw through it all:

The elasticity of Jennie's mask and the heartbreak she was suffering, loving two men, wanting both of them at a time. Her heart and hunger would never be satisfied.

"What's the plan?" Mark finally spoke beside him, adjusting his black tie against his crisp, white dress shirt.

Without looking away from the sight of her, he swallowed a dry mouth.

When a rowdy woman and a man had blocked his view of her, he had snapped out of his trance, looking down to the mask in his hands.

Putting it over his face, he concealed his identity as he adjusting it snugly onto his nose.

"Just give me enough time to talk with her. Make Jungkook distracted." Taehyung glanced the area with his eyes before nodding back to Mark in signal.