26 | PLANS BREWING

Draping a warm, thick coat over her shoulders as she slipped into her leather boots, Mark studied Jennie's face, now flushing to a light pink in response to the cold air

"Thanks." Jennie smiled at him, flipping her hair to the side.

Nodding, Mark walked beside her as their footsteps treaded on top of the piling snow.

"What do you plan to do exactly?" Mark pondered aloud, blowing warm air into his hands.

Jennie shrugged, "I want to figure out everyone's intentions. Then I get to decide for myself if I want to become a weapon."

Shaking his head, he scoffed. "You can't be serious right now, can you?"

Jennie turned to look at him.

"Everyone is killing each other just so that you could stay human!" Mark picked up the pace and didn't wait for her to catch up. "And you want to use yourself as a weapon."

Panting beside him, she caught up. "Your tone sounds really condescending."

Mark rolled his eyes. "You're really pissing me off."

Raising two fingers, Jennie intended to shove Mark lightly. But unable to control her strength, he fell backwards onto his bum.

"How the fuck would you feel if it were you?" She started to fume. "How would you react if you found out your whole life was a lie, and that everyone keeps deciding what's best for you?"

Jennie's eyes began to gleam, flashing a magenta hue, then dissolving into a deep red.

Mark could do nothing but cower over a petite girl like Jennie, as the trees surrounding them exploded in silence, shattering into splinters floating in the air with the snow.

With shifty eyes, he panicked. "Just, just calm down a sec—"

"CALM DOWN?" She yelled, her hands clenching into fists. "YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN?"

When a shard flew by, scraping Mark's flushed cheeks, Jennie's eyes widened, then realized an entire 50 yards of broken branches and splinters were surrounding them, floating in the air.

Gasping, her eyes returned to its normal hue, and the debris fell from the air.

Speaking with her hands covering her mouth, she took a step towards Mark to help him up.

"Did... did I do that?"

Mark refused her helping hand, getting up by himself.

"Yeah. And that's exactly why you have no right to be angry when you don't even know your potential."

Dusting himself off, he felt a small tug from his jacket.

Clutching onto a small piece of the fabric, Jennie avoided eye contact with the blonde.

"Can't you.. help me control it?"

He smirked. "We don't even know what kind of powers you have."

"But we'll never know unless you help me!"

With the scrape on his face healing, he looked at her. "You're not gonna let me live are ya?"

She shook her head.

"Alright." He sighed. "Let's see what you can do."

____

"Jungkook." The red head spoke in delight.

"I did not expect you to come to me." He added.

With the sound of glass shattering beneath his feet, Jimin smiled.

"It would be unwise to kill me when the council has every eye on you."

Jungkook released the threshold, resisting his urges to kill the man in front of him. Jennie once described him using a vessel of a small boy just days ago, but now it seemed he was slowly transforming into his completed body.

Was he drinking the blood of pure bloods? Jungkook squinted his eyes. He did smell a faint familiar scent.

"Now... since you can't kill me, why don't we start negotiating what we can do about our precious princess?"

"You're not allowed to touch her." Jungkook finally spoke with gritted teeth. "The deal will be off the moment you harm a single hair on her body."

Jimin ticked the side of his head, alerting one of the poor human house maids to stand before him.

Holding her, he eyed Jungkook carefully. "I didn't expect you to also let unfaithful aristocrats and nobles to feed off of your precious blood."

The housemaid, trembled in fear despite voluntarily working for the residency.

Caressing the fabric she was wearing, Jimin continued, as if playing with his meal while conversing casual conversation.

"I only ask that you help me."

Without hesitation, Jimin's mouth widened, chomping off the girl's neck off, her head flying to the ground.

The blood spurting out, staining their large window with streaks of oozing blood.

Wiping the corner of his mouth with his handkerchief, Jimin crosses his legs.

"It's silly how humans willingly come here to get killed. Don't you think that's why we should be ruling them?"

"You fear mortality." Jungkook intercepted. "But what you truly fear is being forgotten, dying unloved and alone."