4 | MOON & STARS

"i want to save you from myself"

‣track four: Strawberries & Cigarettes by Troye Sivan

Smiling feverishly up at the girl, he did not hesitate to pull out a chair from the dining table for her. Hurriedly taking steps back into his seat, he sat down comfortably into the wooden seat, innocently continuing to smile despite her apparent frown towards him.

"What?" he asked her, knowingly certain that she would eventually question him about last night's occurrence.

Ignoring his playful banter, she pulled the seat he set out for her, dragging the wooden chair against the ancient wooden tiles her house embodied. The screech let out a sound that made Taehyung jolt his shoulders upward, a reflex any normal human being would do in presence of the cringing noise.

Officially sitting across of him, she didn't break eye contact, boxes of Chinese take-out sprawled out between them as she reached her hand out slowly to flip open the tabs of the white plastic covered paper, the steam from the freshly made chow-mein noodles infiltrating the air.

Finally breaking eye contact, she then pulled out wooden chopsticks from the plastic bag, carefully breaking the two wooden sticks apart. Taehyung kept his eyes strictly on her every movement, finding himself unmoving and breathing still. Suddenly compelled to run a tongue over his dry lips, his eyes darkened.

He took in the moment, savoring every detail of her face, tracing the curve of her lips and the plumpness, down to bony collarbones—to her slender arms as she gracefully rubbed the two sticks together in between her palms, then he detailed the length of her fingers to her fingertips as she slid the chopsticks in between her grasp. When his eyes wandered up again to her collarbones, he caught view of the purplish hue.

"Did my mom let you inside?" She finally spoke, before digging her wooden sticks into the oily fried noodles, jumbling them around in between her chopsticks. Taehyung followed suit, breaking apart chopsticks of his own, creating friction between the wooden sticks in his palms.

He looked up to her to see her watching him intently; feeling wary of her observing him, he slunk in his seat and cast his eyes downward from the intensity her fierce eyes had stabbed into him.

He was indeed feeling guilty, not wanting to accept the harsh reality of his actions he implicated on her body. He then sat up straight seconds later, deciding to ignore her glares to dig into the noodles, not hesitating to shove a mouthful into his mouth, lips becoming glossy from the oil.

Talking with his mouth full, his words were grumbled but not difficult to decipher. "She saw me waiting—sitting on your front porch," he chewed loudly, then swallowed before he continued. "So she invited me inside." he ate sloppily, slurping the noodles into his mouth, almost forgetting to chew before swallowing.