25 | TEA

"So you mean to tell me that Jimin is basically a dictator, trying to take over the rest of the world?"

"Pretty much."

"And that Taehyung for some reason is hunting down all the aristocrats and nobles... so that no one can choose sides.."

Mark nods slowly, watching Jennie as she processes.

"Then what about Jungkook?"

Shocked, he didn't really know what to say to her. Simply because he didn't really know what was going on in Jungkook's head. Mark and Taehyung both thought he was doing things to stay in power, but he's been doing work in the shadows so it was hard to tell.

"Honestly, we don't know what he's up to. We thought we knew, but at this point it's hard to tell whose side he's on."

Jennie took a sharp inhale, looking at her hands resting in her lap.

"Could you explain to me what makes me so important?"

Mark contemplated this, as he took a sip from his tea.

After moments of just looking at each other, he finally gave in and decided to tell her.

"Jennie..." he started. "Your blood contains some sort of.. reversal. Like an antidote that can turn us into humans if we wanted."

"Okay, that's great—"

"It would kill you."

"Oh."

"And I'm pretty sure Jungkook and Taehyung don't want that... and Jimin? He would eat you up any chance he gets before you're used against him as a weapon."

"Is that why I'm locked away? Does everyone know this except me?"

Jennie was starting to feel angry, knowing that everyone was making decisions for her, and that she didn't have any say in her body. She didn't feel like she had any control at all.

"Look, you're the only legitimate heir left. The council wants to protect you at all costs. Taehyung and Jungkook already know this."

"Protect me?" She raised her voice, feeling the anger bubble. "All they want to do is keep me hidden, while the council does nothing but let low class ghouls run amuck in the human population!"

Mark knitted his eyebrows together. Realizing Jennie was throwing a fit over something she didn't truly grasp. "You don't even know how to control your powers. You don't even know anything, what can you do? You'd just get in everyone's way."

"I could kill myself!"

Jennie yelled back, her chest heaving up and down, her hand clutching the now broken tea cup in her hand, blood beginning to drip from her fingertips.

Mark watched as the heaving of her chest calmed, the blood pooling on the floor.

"Is that what you want, Jennie?"

Jennie and Mark turn, seeing Jungkook at the front of the door, next to a man with pale skin.

She stuttered, dropping the broken glass in her hands, raising her bloody hand to her face.

"I just know that I want everyone to stop making decisions for me. While I get to hide away, and you and Taehyung.."

Jungkook approached her, taking her hand and brought her fingertips in his mouth, one by one.

"And you and Taehyung might die trying to protect me from the world." She looked up at him, as he never broke eye contact with her. "I want to be the one who decides my life, my future."

"Okay Jennie." kissing her forehead. "Go ahead." Is all Jungkook says, then leaves her to wonder as he leaves with the man he came home with, shutting the door behind them.

"That's Yoongi." Mark answered. "He's supposed to be your cousin."

"I see."

Jennie began to run after them, surprised to see that it had begun to snow outside.

Mark hurried behind, upset she had went outside barefoot.

"I'm going to start handling things on my own."

"What?!" Mark exclaimed. "You can't, I'm here to protect you. You don't even have a proper coat or shoes for that matter."

"Then you have no choice but to follow along and protect me."

_____

A/N: So the tea has been spilled 🤭👀 🐸☕️