15.5 - AUTHOR'S NOTE

"Bad writing is not a character you don't like, or a relationship you don't enjoy, or a goal you don't agree with, or a character's development that goes in a direction that you didn't expect or enjoy. Those are your problems, not writing problems"

[ 1 ] I felt like I needed to share this because of the concerns about "Consume" having a 'confusing' plot line and as the author I felt discouraged for some time about continuing the story. Sometimes I feel impulsive and want to unpublish the story, but then I have to remind myself that I should write whatever I want to my liking and not everyone is going to agree with my ideas. I didn't choose to write stories to please people's tastes but to satisfy my own fantasies (lol).

[ 2 ] I know that other writers out there may also encounter this feeling and have thoughts about un-publishing or permanently putting great books on hiatus just because of a few comments. This might not reach many people but hopefully this gives a boost of confidence to continue writing your story despite some setbacks you may face.

I really enjoy reading some comments but...reading about how confused or confusing the plot line is- makes me question myself if I'm not properly distinguishing some things even though my goal of this book was to be a mystery for readers to guess and come up with theories. If that was the case, (me not being able to explain properly) then I'll do my best to put in author notes and explain the scenes so that things aren't confusing. Or maybe I could just remove the ability to comment?

I feel incredibly happy that people actually take time to read "Consume" and I never would've thought it would get more than 100 reads...knowing that people are actually reading makes me motivated to continue. Though, at moments like these, (now for example), I feel highly discouraged and want to put this book on hiatus or unpublished. I don't know.

-Al
20.11.18