11 | STOP PRETENDING

"remember when we first met?"

Jennie steps out of the shower as she squints at her reflection in the mirror

Jennie steps out of the shower as she squints at her reflection in the mirror. Running a finger over teeth marks, bruises or hickeys on her neck, she didn't know—she wasn't sure of how they came to be. Everything felt like a dream to her.

Like it was as if she wasn't herself.

Two knocks interrupt her thoughts. A muffled voice reverberated from the bathroom door. "Hey, you alright in there?"

Grabbing the large hoodie on top of the toilet seat cover, she rushed to put on her under garments then proceeded to shimmy on her black jeans. "Yeah, be out soon."

Sliding the oversized hoodie over herself, she grabs the towel she had dropped to the floor to quickly dry her damp hair.

Looking at herself once more in the mirror,  she jumped back as she blinks her eyes in bewilderment.

Jennie couldn't believe what her eyes were seeing.

Her eyes were glowing a pinkish magenta.

Taehyung knocks again. "Are you—"

Snapping out of her temporary shock, she quickly opens the bathroom door, pushing past Taehyung as she exits the bathroom.

"Okay..." Taehyung mumbles as she's already descended the flight of stairs.

Slinging her backpack over her shoulder, she slips a shoe on.

When Taehyung stands there just watching her, she rolls her eyes when he doesn't follow suit. Taking three steps to reach him, she tip toes to remove a stray hair out of his face.

Her eyes glow again, but he only looks at her with an expression unreadable.

She notices his hesitation.

Her smile drops and she grabs his hand as she pull him towards the door.

"What's going on?"

She peers up at him, bending her body over to get at an awkward angle. His nostrils come in perfect view as she looks up from under him. Continuing her antics in attempts to sway him, she teases him. "You on your period, Kim Taehyung?" she chuckles.

He scoffs, biting back a chuckle with her. Something is bothering him. He speaks, but he mutters mostly to himself.

"I just don't understand why it didn't work..." his voice trails off as Jennie tilts her head to the side in confusion.

Softly, he holds her hand back as she held his, making soft circles with his thumb on her skin. "You're supposed to remember, and yet,"

Jennie's head snaps towards the front door, a familiar smell nauseating her senses. She felt inclined to approach that sweet waft of aroma.