27 | EIGHTEEN

Hell is a teenage girl

With Mark's help, Jennie was finally able to control her strength and her powers. Mark had never seen anything like it, it wasn't comparable to that of his own, to Taehyung's, to Jimin's—and certainly incomparable to Jungkook's.

He tried to recall what his mother had whispered to him the day he and Taehyung came to visit. Mrs. Robinson had told him that Jennie was something more, and that he had to be careful.

He wondered if Jungkook knew what Jennie really was, and if that was the reason why he was so protective of her.

It was hard to fit all the pieces together.

He could list them.

1. Jennie was really important.

2. Jungkook knows more than they did.

3. Taehyung loves Jennie.

4. Jimin wanted Jennie—but for what?

Make pure blood babies? Suck her blood dry and the fate of the humans would cease to exist? What was his purpose in all this?

Mark never particularly had any deep romantic feelings for Jennie, but he could admit that she was cute.

"I did it!" Jennie squealed, clasping her hands together.

Smiling at him, her eyes sparkled, the red hue of her eyes intensifying. "Did you see?" She followed up.

Mark shot a quick smile her way. "I think my capabilities of teaching you surpass my abilities." He poked around the dirt with a stick. "The student becomes the master."

Drawing a cake on the dirt, he motioned her over.

"Happy birthday Jennie."

_____

"I had never expected someone of your caliber to join such forces." Jimin expressed, his hands in his pockets.

"By order of the Council." Taehyung reminded, keeping an expressionless face.

"Hmm." Jimin hummed, sensing the atmosphere. "I bet you're just waiting for the right moment to strike and kill me," Glancing at the brunette, the red head smirked.

"You'd be one less person to worry about." Taehyung answered.

"I see." Jimin smiled, an idea exciting him. "Why don't we pay our princess a visit?" Jimin called for Jaewon, to find Jennie's whereabouts.

_____

Concocting chemicals in the lab room as Jungkook had his other arm attached to a blood bag, Yoongi was busy looking through a microscope.

"This is great news." He announced.

Jungkook looked over at him, peeking through the microscope himself.

"Do you know what this means?" Yoongi asked in rhetoric. "Her blood has all the answers."

Jungkook in disbelief, then back to the microscope.

Blood regenerated, multiplied, and circulated— thriving on the Petri dish.

"This is just mixed with your blood!" Yoongi exclaimed. "Imagine what it could do for humans. What it could do for us."

_____
A/N: So it seems everyone has different agendas, and Mark wanted to know where he stood in all of this. This was just a little filler episode before some real action.

Have you guys been keeping update with all the fan wars going on right now because of BP's comeback? 🤧

I've been sitting back, eating my popcorn since I'm multifandom despite BLACKPINK being my ultimate. It's kind of funny seeing everyone come at each other lol.

I be vibin'. I be enjoyin' the music. 😌