18 | THE COUNCIL

"it's just a cruel existence"

Seated comfortably underneath her, Jennie shifted, uncomfortable on his lap

Seated comfortably underneath her, Jennie shifted, uncomfortable on his lap. Even if she didn't necessarily want to sit there, Jungkook would often frown ever so slightly and she would inevitably obey because she couldn't refuse him. His eyes would crinkle in mischief whenever she shied away.

He had been combing through her long her with his fingers, an expression she couldn't decipher was written on his face.

Sadness? Bitterness?

She doesn't know how many days it's been since she was taken.

The days were long and boring, and it didn't help that she couldn't tell if it was day or night-there were no windows that could ever help her glimpse out to the outside world.

It didn't help that there weren't any clocks and to her dismay, she had misplaced her phone somewhere in the midst of the chaos.

It was as if Jungkook purposely shielded her from ever leaving-from ever stepping foot outside into the world. Time just wasn't valuable to him.

She honestly felt like a caged bird.

Through observation, she found out little bits about him. She watched him closely, only because there really wasn't much to do. There weren't any other people around in the big house without any windows.

The house felt ancient, every detailing of its anterior screamed Romanesque architecture. The intricate sculptures that laid out all over high stony structures and clustered columns had screamed gothic style. The spiral arches that always piqued Jennie's interest, that too often she would find herself subconsciously gravitating towards the large expanses of glass.

Jungkook wasn't very talkative. Most often than not, he would silently watch her, not answering anything unless she asked-which she never did. It didn't help that she too was reserved and quiet, making their relationship incredibly awkward and strained.

He was buttoning up the back of her dress when his fingers lingered longer than usual on her exposed skin.

"Jennie," he placed his hands on the small of her waist, leaning his chest into her back, his warm breath sending a shiver down her neck to her spine.

"I've got some things to do, I will be gone for some time."

Jennie turned her body, facing him. "Where are you going?"

Removing his hands from her, he continued. "I'm meeting with The Council."

"What's The Council?" he pushed her hair away from her face.