14 | YOU HAVE ALWAYS BELONGED TO ME

"will you remember me?"

Taehyung quickly changed gears, reversing out of Jennie's driveway

Taehyung quickly changed gears, reversing out of Jennie's driveway. Jennie however, didn't have enough time to buckle into her seat.

Quickly speeding down through the isolated street, dawn was breaking through the horizon.

Taehyung swiftly stepped on the pedal, accelerating without sparing a glance at Jennie who muttered incoherent words beside him, rather, yelling something he couldn't quite comprehend.

He felt a ringing in his ears, a subtle moment of panic before Jennie took hold of his hand that was clenching the stick shift which had made his knuckles white.

Her warm fingers radiated onto his contrasting skin which deprived of blood and oxygen. Instantly reacting to her touch, he snapped out of his daze.

Whipping his head in her direction, there was a pause, a second feeling like an eternity, stuck in limbo.

Her face contorted in worry, her eyebrows knitted together, lips protruding in a pout.

He linked his fingers into hers smoothly, bringing their interlocked hands to his lips, pressing for a kiss onto her skin.

"Taehyung!" Jennie faced forward, her free hand instantly reaching for the handle above her, watching as another car crash to the side of them. Her long brown hair slapping her face, her seatbelt restricting her from flying out and into the side of the car.

Eyes widening as he watched the scene unfold right before his eyes, he quickly unbuckled his seat belt, then hers, grabbing her by the waist, hitting the side of the car window with his feet.

But it was too late.

______________

Feeling a thundering against her skull, her eyes lulled close, her own hand subconsciously bringing it up to her temple, a trickling of liquid meeting her fingertips.

"Mrs. Robinson, I just want to see how she's doing—"

At the end of the room, a whispering argument ensued.

"Shh, you'll wake her, now get out!"

A scrambling of feet and clothing being ruffled was overhead until soon after a door shutting.

Silence.

Stirring awake, her eyes opened slowly, finding herself in a lavishly large room, a bed that had cascading curtains at the side. Sheer enough to see the shadowing outlines of furniture.

Confused and delirious, her vision adjusted inevitably and found a familiar shadow seated beside the door. Straightening up, she retreated backwards in the bed defensively.

"Where am I?" She pulled the bedsheets up to her chest, clenching onto it in fear.

When she didn't answer, Jennie pried for another question. "Where's Taehyung!" She pleaded her. "Mrs. Robinson!"