T W O

T W O
beyoncé ft. drake, mine.

I stepped out the shower and grabbed the towel, wrapping it around myself. Walking up to the mirror I stared at myself after swiping away the mist that had gathered.

Am I ugly? The thought had never crossed my mind but now that I've been rejected by someone who's supposed to be my soulmate, it plagues my mind. Bags sit under my eyes, very prominent against my light golden skin, they were dark and angry.

Do I want to find him? Will I be able to?

"Lera!" Amanda banged her hand on the counter, I jumped and looked at her confused. When did she get here?

"What?" I cleared my throat, exiting the bathroom and entering my room.

She followed behind me, "What in the worlds were you thinking about? I knocked, I screamed, what the hell?"

I tried laughing it off, "Nothing, sorry I was just –"

"Jeez, did you get any sleep Lerato?"

My hands immediately went up to touch my face. I hated this, Amanda wouldn't let it go, I knew she wouldn't. If I leave this room with this secret I would surely celebrate. The worst part is I hadn't even thought of a good enough excuse, I didn't think about the bags that would be under my eyes from the lack of sleep. Also. Honestly eyes, I miss one day of sleep and this? Way to fucking go.

"No, I didn't. I'll explain some other time I'm really not interested right now." I went for the passive aggressive route.

Her eyes went wide before she sobered, "Okay, uhm, we have to gone soon. Apparently the Royals have 'things to do,'" She rolled her eyes and made air quotes, "As if we buy it, who do they have to see besides each other? But anyway, point is please hurry up I'd love to go to our bakery."

Another reason we don't see the Royals is because they have their own town within their gates, it's not just the castle. It's an entire gated town, they don't do their own shopping but if they wanted to they could. I like to believe that the workers within the gates has seen the Royals. I don't see how they could have never, Kenneth seems like a man who would do things himself and surely when Theo and his siblings were younger they wanted more than just the castles backyards to play. And they probably wanted to go to the bakery too and such, it made no sense to me that they would trap themselves within the castle with an entire gated town.

I wondered a lot about the Royals as a child and unfortunately most of my question are still unanswered because no one knew the answers to my questions. I blame that on their ignorance, how do you not want to know more? The mystery of it all lures me right in.

After dressing in a black spaghetti strap tucked into navy high wasted jeans and pink Timberlands, Amanda and I made our way to the bakery. She was in black Adidas track pants and white spaghetti tank with white Superstars.

As we went I couldn't help but look desperately to find him, to smell him. All my attempts went to waste though, he was no where in sight.

I smiled when I could smell the freshly baked pastries from the bakery, there was no better smell. Anything that was food related that gave off a huge yummy aroma was heavenly unmatched.

"Maybe I should have had breakfast first." I thought out loud.

Amanda shook her head, "What? What better breakfast than pastries?" Amanda scoffed, "I bet you Dan is already there."

"Probably her breakfast too." I laughed.

As I pushed open the door a light jingle was heard, notifying the baker of our entrance. I took a big whiff of the store, my stomach dancing in delight. I looked around and wanted to scream for everything. It all looked so good.