T H I R T Y - F I V E

T H I R Y Y - F I V E
jhené aiko ft h.e.r, bs.

Lerato.

"Today," I speak into the phone as I sit on my window couch, glancing out at nothing in particular.

After months I was finally worthy of having Motheo's number on my phone. The King of the Wolves was finally saved in my contacts and that's exactly what I saved him as.

"Pardon?"

I roll my eyes as I make my way to my kitchen to make myself another cup of tea, "Coming clean, we do it today."

I can almost hear him stiffen, "Lerato, you have to give me a little more notice than that. This is going against my family, I need to have some notice. So I can act weird or —"

"Did you give me a notice when you announced your Ceremony?" I snap not interested in hearing his little sob story.

I hear him sigh, "You can't keep doing that, Lerato. I'm trying, okay? I'm really trying to rewrite my wrongs. Please, can you give me the chance to do so without throwing the past in my face?"

I sip my second cup of tea whilst walking back into my room, "Fine, I'll try my hardest to refrain from bringing up the past. Can't promise anything though." I shrug.

"That's all I ask."

I hold off a smile as I shake my head lightly, "Okay then King of the Wolves, how are we doing this?"

It had been a week since he had agreed to come clean and I was finally ready to do this. However, a part of me didn't feel right. It didn't feel right doing it with Motheo on my side, or rather — at my side.

Naturally, the wolves would look for someone to rule and if it were me they asked for. Would I do it with Motheo?

Absolutely not.

The answer came so quick I wanted to be shocked but was I really? I suppose not, my heart was no longer with him. As much as my soul in some capacity would always be, my heart? That was a different story.

We settled on a week's time, that would be the day that the truth is revealed. Until then, he has to act as much as he apparently needs to in that castle and I'll continue with my daily life as if I know no better.

Today was an exciting day though, when I got off the phone with Motheo a few moments later Danica called me and told me that she had found her mate! She asked Amanda and I to come over two days later, so here we were. I couldn't contain the excitement, I really needed her or Amanda to find their other half so I could live vicariously through them.

Watch and experience a mate bond start and form, so I was on my way to Amanda's house to fetch her first before we would make our way to Danica's where we'd be meeting her mate and also spending the night.

I hardly even took notice when she and her boyfriend split a few weeks after the Ball. She really kept things incredibly hush hush nowadays so an invite to meet her mate was gladly accepted. I hadn't seen Amanda and Dani both since before Dubai and that was months ago.

Pulling up to Danica's an hour later, Amanda and I grabbed our duffel bags from the backseat and practically ran to the front door.