T W E N T Y - O N E

T W E N T Y - O N E
tinashe ft little dragon, stuck with me.

Lerato.

Raheem entered the room a few beats after the call had ended, he didn't say a word so I assume he heard the conversation. He sat beside me and let out a little sigh, "Do you know why Khalil didn't attend the Ceremony?"

I glanced at him not really expecting him to ask me that, however, understanding why he did. If I were going ahead and assisting Khalil take down the Royals I should know his side. In fact, I probably should've asked before I had signed my name up.

"No,"

He shook his head, letting out another sigh. This one held hesitation and a slight tinge of fear. Fear of what though? Had he done the wrong, Micah had made it sound like the Jamil's, like Raheem had been the one to blame.

"I don't want you to tell me, not today at least, just for today let's forget about the Royals and all the drama that comes with them."

His head raised and his eyes met mine, they held a smile, an appreciative one. I didn't know what it was about Raheem that made me want to be so close to him and always want what's best for him. I really cared about him and although a part of me felt good about that, a bigger part was worried.

Why was he so interested? I didn't have the answer to that question and sooner much rather than later — I'd need that answer.

"Alright," I clapped my hands, "First place I have to take you to is Ushaka Marine World, it would be blasphemous for me not to. Sure the entrance price is kind of ridiculous now, it's fine because we just have to go."

He chuckled a little, "Okay then, lead the way Ms. Zamo." I showed off my pearly whites as I led us outside.

"How'd you know where I live, by the way?" I raise a brow as I hop into my matte burgundy Mercedes-Benz G63.

This car is my baby, it's my only car because it's so damn expensive but it's my baby. My biggest purchase seeing as the house was given because of my services to the Pack. I worked so hard to finally be able to purchase this car, I loved it with my life.

Every three months or so I get it painted a different colour, last month I changed it to this matte burgundy. I was obsessed, the seats get a revamp too and I honestly could not get enough of this colour.

"Well," He scratched the back of his neck, "Please do remember this was supposed to be a surprise..." He trails off and I know it had to be some A Grade stalker stuff he had done.

I make a humming noise, urging him forward, "So I got Khalil to look into your Pack and once I found your best friends name I got someone else to get her number and... yeah."

I look at him with wide amused eyes, "Amanda gave you my address?" I want to laugh he looks so uncomfortable.

"There wasn't much else I could do... I had to ask —"

I put my hand on his shoulder and he looks over at me as I do, "It's okay, I think it's adorable you went through all that trouble." I turn and start the car, reversing out of my driveway.

The drive is filled with our light chatter and chuckles, I feel relaxed the whole time. Reminded of our days in Dubai, only, I'm the one behind the wheel now. Raheem will not let me have two minutes without him bringing that up.