F I F T E E N

F I F T E E N
zayn, she.

"Excuse me?"

Did he just say he is Alpha Khalil's brother? As in the brother that built this Pack, the brother that built majority of this marvellous city, the clearly super rich and has major beef with my mate? That brother?

The little I knew about him suddenly makes so much sense with that bit of information.

"Do you really need me to repeat that?"

I couldn't help but chuckle, "No, I don't. I heard you loud and clear I'm just in shock." I looked away from the house, "You actually live here? I've only been here twice but I mean, you weren't there when I had breakfast with Alpha Khalil or when I came to see him about the penthouse."

"Two day's out of two weeks, that's what you're going to base me living here off of?"

My chest let me down because once it started shaking my shoulders did too and then I started laughing, "I actually can't stand you."

He smiled, "I think you can," I only rolled my eyes in response, "Would you like to come inside?"

"Yes, I mean it is why you took me from my dwelling, is it not?"

He made a mocking face, "Oh, touché, just get your butt out the car Sprinkle."

I laughed as I stepped out the car, this is what I particularly found amusing about Raheem, our banter was effortless. He didn't make me feel like I had to try too hard or feel like I had to be perfect. I was completely myself around him, weirdly enough I feel as though when I was around Micah I was trying so hard.

It's weird because he was my mate, I had no reason to want to make him like me although that's what I felt like. I felt in competition with Madeline even way before I knew that she actually was. I felt I had to be funny, I had to be smiley and I just had to be more of myself than necessary.

With Raheem every time I saw him and the few times we texted I felt giddy. It was pure and it was real, I just felt free and not like I'm competing or having to be more of myself. I can just be myself and his banter bounces right off of mine and vice versa.

But he has a mate out there somewhere. The spring in my step fell away once that thought bounced into my head. As though he could feel I was no longer in tune with him he turned his head his smile slipping away when he looked at me, "What's wrong?"

I couldn't come up with an excuse that would make him take me home fast enough so I just shook my head as I plastered a fake smile on my face, "No, nothing. Thought I left my phone in the car but I didn't."

He studied me a bit more before he spoke, "Okay."

We entered his home and this time I really payed attention to it. The entry way was large to my far right I knew was the kitchen and opposite it was the sliding door that led to the patio. To my left was a passage with multiple doors, there was also a right turn before the passage way and right up ahead a few feet away were two staircases.

"I thought you said you've been here before." Raheem stood beside me watching me gawk at his home.

I shoved him lightly, "I didn't have time to take everything in back then. Someone was always escorting me so I couldn't exactly marvel at the home."