F I F T Y

F I F T Y
billie eilish, listen before i go.

I was needed over at the palace today, as much as I wanted nothing more than to spend the day with Raheem again I knew I had duties. There were things that needed to be done before my coronation and unfortunately I would have to be around the Mbatha's for such matters.

Arriving at the palace I was escorted to Kenneth's office, to find him and his wife in a deep conversation. I clear my throat and both heads snap towards me, I give an awkward smile and wave.

"Lerato, hi," Keitumetse says in a hurried tone, "I'm so sorry, I forgot all about your visit." She whispers something to her husband before making her way towards me.

"Let's go to my office."

Once were there she explains several doings of a Queen to me and only once I've been in her office for around three hours to I realise. I'm getting lessons from the wrong person, I'm not going to be the co-pilot but the actual pilot.

I twist my lips to one side as I try to think of a way to say what I want to in a much kinder way, "Keitumetse?" She nods her head as she's shifting through files, "Should your husband not be the one giving me lessons?"

Her eyebrow raises, "It would be three hours too late for you to realise that. In fact, if I knew where he was Motheo should be the one assisting me but I thought I'd rather not. Kenneth has given me things from both a King and Queen's end of it. I thought you'd like to know." She shrugs.

Nodding slightly I speak, "I would, thank you so much. You said you have no idea where Motheo is?"

It wasn't much like him to disappear, let alone after the conversation we had. I thought he was more or else alright after it, so I'm not quite sure what would have him leave this way.

Maybe it isn't even anything horrible, perhaps he just didn't want to deal with my training. I wouldn't blame him and to be honest it's not as if I keep tabs with everyone. I hadn't even heard from Raheem either come to think of it and bringing him along would've been greatly beneficial.

Wow, I've surely been absolutely empty minded today.

"I should probably bring Raheem tomorrow, huh." Keitumetse lets out a chuckle, "That would be smart."

She puts a few files on the desk, she pulls in her lips before speaking, "Lerato, can I say something?"

"Yes, of course."

She takes a seat, "Why didn't you just explain everything to Motheo? I know what he did was unforgivable but was somewhat doing what he had done to you really necessary?"

It's me this time who purses my lips, "It wasn't necessary but it was the easiest way and to be fair, I hadn't completely made up my mind. Spending more time with all your children had really made it so easy to see my self accepting my role as Motheo's Queen. However, as you so greatly stated what he did was unacceptable and seeing Kuhle accept my best friend so easily didn't help his brothers case.

"Once I knew I could not remove what Motheo had done to me from his character I knew I could never continue the mateship." I shrug, "It wasn't just a blink of a decision."

Just as she was to respond an earth shattering scream ripped through the palace. Although it was clearly coming from the outside, we both got to our feet and bolted out the door and out the palace.