T W E L V E

T W E L V E
jhené aiko, frequency.

Amir dropped me off at the hotel and I thanked him, the day was the best I had had in a very long while and it was all thanks to him and his Alpha. They were wonderful wolves and I appreciated their kindness.

However, I would have to set off on my own adventure tomorrow though, there was no use in shielding myself off. I had to get used to being here and exploring on my own, I didn't want to be a bother.

Shutting the penthouse door I was still taken aback by how gorgeous it was. Khalil's brother really did build an empire, this place was amazing. I hadn't explored as much as I could've because conversing with Amir was really that entertaining. However, from what I had seen it was beautiful.

I sat on my bed and pulled out my iPad, I took a shakey breath before opening my Twitter. I knew I was three hours ahead but it was eight o'clock here so surely the grandest part of the Ceremony was over. I should be able to read all about it now.

I truly despised that I still cared, I hated having to do this to myself. Why was I even doing it? I wanted to shut it off but I couldn't, I continued to tap until my Twitter page opened up.

The images were instant, if it was even possible my heart shattered into even finer pieces. I couldn't believe he actually went through with it, what was the point of even coming to the airport if he wasn't going to call it off.

I choked back a sob but that only triggered the tears. Goddess, why am I doing this? He was staring right into the camera, staring right at me his pearly whites beaming and his eyes showing no sign of sadness or even regret. He looked genuinely happy, he was either a damn good actor or didn't give a single fuck about me.

I turned off the device before I rolled myself into a ball and stared out the window until my eyes couldn't keep themselves open anymore.

Surprisingly what woke me up the next morning was not the sun shining through the unopened blinds but my ringtone. I slowly picked my head up and scanned the area for the cellular device, however, I didn't find it in time. So the caller gave up and hung up, I took that as a clear sign that read 'go back to bed,' so that is exactly what I did.

Waking up later I rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling as I rubbed my eyes hoping to clear them of the drowsiness.

Once satisfied I searched for my phone again, needing to find out the time. After a few moments I found it under a pillow, 11:17 the time read. I also read that the caller from earlier was Anathi. I hadn't spoken to anyone besides my father since I had left, a few texts here and there between my friends but that was about it.

I return my brothers call once I've coughed enough times to ensure my voice wouldn't sound too burnt, "Oh would you look who it is." Is his greeting.

"Hello Junior Junior."

His exhale is obnoxiously loud, "For fucks sakes," He mutters, "Don't make me regret calling you Lerato."

"I'm almost certain I called you." I muse.

He scoffs, "It's a returned call so it's still my call."

I roll my eyes at his logic, "Well what did you want caller?"

He starts off with a long pause and that's when I know it's got something to do with the Ceremony or if not that in it's entirety then Micah. Dread fills up my stomach as I wait for him to speak.