F I F T Y - O N E

F I F T Y - O N E
beyoncé, heaven.

I hadn't a clue how long I stayed on the ground, crying into my hands at the loss. I never wished death upon him, I would have moved anyway so with Alpha Exodus' teachings and the distance we would've been okay. There was so much to learn from him, so much to share with him.

She didn't have to take him away, she shouldn't have taken him away. A scream ripped through me before my fists started to pound into the ground as scream after scream escaped my lips. My throat raw before I was embraced, the scent of my mate and his pure warmth wraps around me as his arms do.

No doubt the words will be inaudible but I still persist, "She —"

He rocks me from side to side, shushing me gently, "Don't speak, it will only hurt your throat more."

Sitting on this couch a week later, I shake my head as my eyes continue staring out into the forest, through the window. I've been trying to close out all those memories but my mind is still haunted by the image of his casket being lowered. I had never imagined the Moon Goddess would wish for this to happen.

Why? What was the point then, why didn't he get a second chance too, why didn't we get to end everything on better terms. Why couldn't we have had more time to grow and learn more from one another, more than just heartache.

Dammit, he deserved better. Why would the Goddess do this?

Or was Madeline such an infected soul that she went against what the Moon had planned? Was she so sickenly evil that she blindsided even the Moon?

My mind had more questions than answers and I couldn't handle it. She robbed the entire community of happiness, whether the wolf believed or followed the monarch they were tied to it. It's the way the hierarchy went, it's the way we are wired.

Therefore, Motheo's death struck everyone. There isn't a single wolf that did not feel that pain, the throne was not mine yet. He was the ruler, he was the King therefore anything that happened to him that was great enough could and would be felt throughout the community.

She hurt us all.

Lindokuhle and Tshiamo have been a complete mess, the entire family is wrecked. Their son and older brother has been lost and not at the hands of just anyone but someone they loved, adored and cared for for so many years. It's all so sick and twisted.

Her mother has fled the palace and has been spotted in another province but Kenneth wants nothing to do with her. Believing that she knew nothing of her daughters doings seeing as Madeline had been gone since the day she spoke to me. As well as the fact that her mother would've fled with her that very day had she known, not when the news broke.

Maybe she knew they'd think this way and waited so she could be free, I could care less. Madeline's body was disposed of, I haven't the slightest clue how nor do I care.

I raise my head off of Raheem's shoulder and sigh, turning my eyes back to the television screen. The Mbatha siblings plus their mates, Raheem and I had agreed on having a movie day however, none of us seemed interested enough.

We had been trying and trying to find an escape for them but nothing worked. Amanda was crying every night not knowing how else to help Kuhle and Raheem was running out of ideas to give us.

Eventually we settled on this, just being together. Even though I only just joined the group, I still felt welcome and I could tell that I was really wanted here.

The hum of the community link has been somber but much more eased, I could feel everyone's slow retreat back to their normal selves. The only ones left were the Mbatha's.

"Are you ready?" I ask for the umpteenth time and for the umpteenth time Raheem lets out an exasperated breath, "Lee, I swear... If you ask me that again, I might just go alone."

My face probably resembles that of an upset toddler, "Excuse me? I can get on my own flight, I'm pretty sure I did it on my own last time." I scoff.

A light chuckle rumbles from his chest, "Are you this excited when you have to see me or is it only reserved for my brother?"

My eyes roll in their socket before I see a car pull up behind mine which is being loaded with suitcases. It's been another two weeks therefore three weeks since Motheo's death. His family have been putting on brave faces but I think the faces are getting better, I can see Amanda in the passenger set of the car whilst Kuhle is behind the wheel.

They step out of the car and out pops Tshiamo and Kamo from the back, a smile plays on my lips when I see the siblings. I've undoubtedly become much closer with them, I always suspected I would the moment I met them. However, now I know without a doubt that we've created an everlasting bond.

I care for them deeply and seeing somewhat happy smiles on their faces is enough to burst my heart. I walk up to the four and greet them all, Raheem hot on my heels.

Raheem has also gotten to rekindle his friendship with the pair and it really makes me happy to see them laugh together once more. The bad blood was never between them anyway and they've all put that water under the bridge, letting it drift away.

"What brings you all here?"

Amanda smiles shyly, "I let it slip that you two were going to Dubai quick before your coronation and everyone decided that we'd like some change of scenery too."

Tshiamo lightly adds in, "And we can... throw more water under the bridge." Clearly talking about Khalil who had played a significant role in her life in her younger years.

Raheem smiles fondly at her, "I think it's about time that happens and I'd love for you all to join us."

We finish off packing my car before we make our way to the airport, we only planned to spend five days in Dubai before I have to be back for my coronation which three days after our return. As it stands Kenneth is back in charge although I do all the heavy lifting, I would just take these few days off before everything gets made official.

Arriving at the airport I take ahold of Raheem's hand, thoughts of the last time I was here playing at the back of my mind. My life has made a complete turn since then, who would have known that a change in location would land in me finding my mate.

My true mate.

My eyes find his only to realise he was already glancing down at me, "You okay?" He asks gently.

I smile up at him, "Yeah," before bringing my head to his chest as I breath him in, Goddess I'm so happy I found him.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 60K!! ILY!

Okay, unsurprisingly nobody took Motheo's death well. I will say, that was my full intention. I made him more likeable right before nipping him away. 😂❤️

I hope there's no hard feelings lovelies.

connect with me on twitter :) — mbaliitheauthor