T W E N T Y - F O U R

jhené aiko, mourning doves.

Lerato.

Although my words told him to leave, I shut my front door behind me and walked up to my car. I left Raheem in the room and just made my way out the house as soon as I had said those words.

Starting the car I reverse and head out, the road was open and I really appreciated it. I wasn't sure if I wanted Raheem to actually go back home, I'm not even sure why I'm suddenly distancing myself.

He had killed someone, and not just anyone it was Madeline's mate. He killed her mate and now she's leeching onto mine. It felt cruel towards me, what had I done to deserve this? Why would the Moon Godess have it be this way?

I could never imagine Raheem being that violent, I knew sometimes Alpha's needed to be tough but... it was so out of character for him.

And Khalil? Why was he so angry at the Royals, was it because they took him away from Tshiamo? Whatever he has planned certainly would not be the right way to get back into her life.

I bring the car to a hault and lay my head on the steering wheel, I suppose I was a bit sweaty or oily because my forehead slipped and landed on the hooter. The car let out a loud hoot and I yelped as I moved my head back.

When my eyes landed on the gate a few feet away from me I panicked, oh my goddess, of all the places I could've stopped for a breather. Goodness gracious, how did I even get here.

Oh my goddess, he's coming out!

"Lerato?"

My eyes got even wider and I pushed the start button only for the car to not start. Just as I was about to rather stick the key in he opened the passenger door. Why hadn't I locked that?

His eyes searched my face before he asked, "What's wrong? Did Raheem do something?"

I wanted to tell him it was none of his business but my wolf was crying out for his and I know it got through to it because his orbs were already swirling with bits of gold. He wasn't fully in control, his wolf needed to know what had upset me.

Mine caved and I bet my eyes were swirling with bit of gold too, "I... He told me what happened."

His body froze for a moment, "Everything?" His eyes were back to his own brown.

"I would think so, he... he killed a mate! He killed someone!" It wasn't the biggest deal, Alpha wolves often did kill, however, "He ruined everything for me... for us."

Micah visibly relaxed, "I respect him for telling you... I'm sorry I didn't, I'm sorry I didn't fully explain to you why I did what I did."

I turned my head away, "It doesn't excuse you, Micah."

I saw him lower his head, "I know... I'm sorry, if I could take it back, I would."

My head snapped in his direction, "But you had the chance. You came to me at the airport, why do that if you were still going to go ahead with it?"

"You didn't stay, Maddy wasn't supposed to know I was coming, she wasn't even supposed to know about you. I was ready, I was prepared to break everything off with her and come clean."