T W E N T Y - T W O

T W E N T Y - T W O
6lack, sorry.

Raheem.

I had to tell her. She has to know what I did but she also has to know who she is to me, if the day before was not indication enough then I can only hope my words can be.

But I have to tell her about the accident first, I have to tell her why Motheo hates me as much as he does.

Walking out of the bathroom and back into her guest room, I got to getting dressed. Rubbing a towel over my damp hair, trying to soak up as much of the water.

I heard her light knock on the door, "You can peek."

She giggled but either way pop her hair through a small gap she had made. Her eyes shut closed, "Breakfast's ready."

I smirked, "You don't want to see what you could be having for breakfast inste —"

She let out a shriek before shutting the door, her eyes never opening. I'm certain she could hear my laugher from the other side of the door where I could still hear her heartbeat.

Shaking my head I let my hair flop however it pleased before I put my hand on the handle, "You might want to move unless you want to drop on the floor in clear view of —"

"Oh my goddess, Raheem! Put some clothes on!"

I twisted the knob but I could quickly tell that she was holding on to the other side, stopping me from exiting.

I chuckled, "I'm fully dressed, Rato, I swear."

She let go, however, as I swung the door open I saw a hand over her eyes, "Oh, who's childish now?" I mocked.

She peeked through a small opening she created, "Oh thank the Moon, now c'mon the food is probably cold now." She grumbled.

The food was amazing, she had made an English breakfast for us — minus the beans, she mentioned that she hated them. Luckily for her, they weren't my favourite either and I'd always make restaurant's hold off on adding any.

After insisting I rinse the dishes and put them in the washer, Lerato let me. When I had effectively done so and found out where all the correct dishes and utensils stayed I made my way to the TV room where she lay on a L shaped couch. She took up the longer end of the couch.

I moved to sit on the other end but she reached out for me, I resisted my body's jump reaction seeing as I thought she was too transfixed on the Prodigal Son episode.

I took her hand and the dim buzz was felt, the buzz I knew would turn into a current by day end. She say forward and I took the space behind her as she leaned back. Her back against my chest, her head rested on the crook of my neck.

My right arm looped around her body, sandwiched between it and the couch. My hand intertwined with hers, I had never been this close to her and having her so close. Showing so much initiative and vulnerability, it made my heart clench and my wolf perk up. He was basking in it all.

Shutting my eyes I let out a shakey breath, which one do I tell her first? That she's... that we're each other's second chance mates or that I'm the reason she needs a second chance mate in the first place?