S I X

S I X
jorja smith, don't watch me cry.

"Time has stretched far enough, Lerato. You have to say something to him, what could he possibly be waiting for?" Amanda said, seriousness dripping with every word and facial expression.

She, of course, sounding off on Micah taking so long with marking or mating. A moment ago I thought I was upset but she has taken the cup, she is fuming much more than I am.

"And what is up with him and the east border?" She adds.

"He happens to know Marc." I shrug.

"Marc knows him!?" She yells getting to her feet, "We have to go speak to him!"

"Do you think I'm a fool? I've already spoken to Marc. He doesn't know Micah, Micah knows him."

"Huh?"

I rolled my eyes, "Marc is a dead end, sit back down."

"What if it's that Maddy girl? What if she's the problem here." Amanda side eyed me.

"I've contemplated it but by now he should realise whatever he had with her is nothing compared to what we have. Nothing. Micah is not stupid, she can't be the reason. I've just... I've just got to ask him myself." I sighed.

"How will you even accomplish that with him only showing up when he texts."

I can't give her an instant answer, she's right. How would I contact him? It's been five days since I last saw him and every time he messages me, it's always a blocked number. I can't save it.

If I'm being honest, I'm getting pretty fed up with him too, if he isn't going to let me in after here, I don't know what I'll do but all I know is it's now or never. I need him and I'm tired of lying to everyone in my life.

What I'm also tired of is looking like a complete idiot, I can tell every time I confide in Amanda she's worried a bit but mostly confused. I can tell she doesn't trust him, maybe she even thinks I'm making him up at this point. I sound and seem like an idiot just accepting this weird relationship.

It's not how mates treat one another or even behave, especially since I'm of Alpha blood. I should be marked and mated already.

"I don't know but I have to take a chance. I have to do something, I have to get his attention."

"Lerato, we don't even know where his Pack is."

"Yeah, but he must be somewhere by the east border."

"Small issue with that – we don't know what Packs are there." She pointed at the two of us.

"Well, let's go find out."

We exited my house and made our way to my parents' house, they would definitely have a map or two laying around. Okay, not laying around but they would have them in the house. Plus, they aren't around so getting into my father's study will be easy and require no lie.

I opened the front door with my key and headed up the stairs with Amanda hot on my heels, "Is this considered breaking in?"

I made a face, "What?"

"Are we breaking into the Alpha and Luna's home?"

I pushed the study door open, "I can't believe you were confident enough to repeat that question." I chuckle, "No, this is not breaking in, it's my parents' home that I opened with my key."

"They don't know you're in here."

"Would you like for me to link them?"

"No!" She shrieks and I laugh.