T W E N T Y - S I X

T W E N T Y - S I X
the weeknd ft. ed sheeran, dark times.

Raheem insisted on taking a shower once Kea had slipped away, although he just kept dodging the whole story behind what happened or why he wouldn't tell me a thing — I knew why.

Khalil was clearly on his way and he had missed enough. He wanted his brother to be completely in the loop and I respected that fully.

At least that's what I convinced myself with.

As he went to go shower I decided I'd go and do the same, change my clothes and come back once Khalil had landed. I knew he'd want to stay with me too seeing as his brother is there.

Raheem would be released shortly, there was no more medical attention that he needed. He would definitely make it through just alright.

Arriving home I walk up to the door and I can feel the tears welling, daring me to blink so that they could come falling.

"I'm sorry," the voice came from behind me.

I didn't turn to look at his face, "I'm not interested in speaking to you right now Motheo."

I reached the door and twisted the doorknob, he didn't stop though I could still hear his footsteps approaching me.

Sighing, I left the door open and entered my home. I didn't want another scene right at my door in clear view for neighbours or people passing by. My neighbours were a sizeable distance away from me but with out improved hearing and sight, it was nothing.

He shut the door behind him and I continued to make my way to the bathroom. He would wait until I was done, I told him I wasn't in the mood but no we must all live according to his fan schedule.

"We'll speak when I'm done." I shut my bedroom door and made my way to the shower.

In there I let out all my frustrations, the tears mixing in with the water and my heart aching as it had when I found out about Madeline. It hurt and I didn't know why it hurt to this extent, was it because of Raheem? Or was it because of the monster Motheo was.

I stepped out once clean and moisturised my body, slipping on a tank top and some sweatpants. I put on my slides and exited the room, ready to listen to whatever sob story the King had prepared.

I found him making dinner, I wanted to explode. He leaves Raheem looking the way he did and then comes into my home that I'm currently sharing with Raheem and thinks he can cook me dinner?

"What are you doing?"

He continues stirring the stir fry before adding his noodles and tossing them in, "You haven't eaten, you need to."

I watch as he turns off the heat and removes all the dishes from the washer and dries them before placing them on the counter top. He wipes down the surfaces and rinses the remaining dishes once he has dished for the two of us.

He comes over to the table and places the food down, pulling open the chair for me. I stare at him in disbelief, "You'll never win my affection."

He falters only for a moment as he registers my words but he continues placing his food on a placemat too. He then goes to my wine fridge and pours us both a glass of Four Cousins Rosé.

He brings the glasses and the bottle and places them down, "Please eat, we will talk afterwards. Just... please eat."

I comply and dig in, at first I was reluctant but unfortunately he was a really good cook. I had to hold back several moans of satisfaction, the man knew how to work his flavours.

"Did you make these noodles from scratch?"

He nods his head, "I did, have you ever even used that machine?"

I scoff, "Listen here okay, some of us have actual jobs so we don't have the time."

He rolls his eyes, "Sure, what a bangin' excuse."

He stands to his feet and rinses the bowls before placing them in the sink. Thank goodness he didn't put them in the dishwasher, I was definitely going to kick him.

I see him make a move to clean them but I stop him, "Motheo, stop. I have to head back to the hospital soon so please, say your piece so we can be done with this."

He slowly made his way to the table and sat back on his seat, "Do you know why you care so much about Raheem?"

Was he serious? And here I was thinking he'd explain himself and apologise for what he's done. Or at the very least apologise for all the drama he has caused since I returned home.

I furrow my brows, "That's hardly any of your business."

He swirls his glass of wine, staring at the liquid intently, "I suppose you're right." He takes a sip before he looks at me with regret swimming in his eyes, "Raheem only told you half of the story. I can't tell you what I did to him and I can't tell you why, I can only tell you my half of the story."

"The story about the feud?"

He nods, "I know and he knows you'll be able to figure out the answer to my first question once I've told you but... that's as you've so kindly stated, none of my business.

"The night Siya was killed, only Khalil had attended that Ball in search of his mate. Raheem having already found his a few months prior, they attended because she had never been to one and he obviously didn't want to deny her an opportunity to be within the walls of the Royal City.

"I'll spare you having to listen to information you appear know, so fast forward to us finding Raheem there. Bloody and looking painfully regretful, his mate overlooks everything and tries to ease him. Madeline is sitting in the blood, crying and I... I can't stand it.

"She's screaming and sobbing, just completely uncontrollable. The Ball is immediately stopped and we're all left alone, Maddy still in the blood. My father tells me it's my Kingdom, my decision."

For the first time since he began this story he picks up his head to look at me. I see the hesitance in his eyes, I see the pained expression. He wanted me to see all of this, he doesn't want to speak his next words. I don't say a word, I don't make a move — waiting for him to continue.

He shuts his eyes tightly, a tear slipping through, "I loved her, I loved her so much I'd do anything for her. Anything." He lets out a shaky breath, "I told the guards to seize Raheem's mate."

The word flies out my mouth but it just sounds like a screech, "No!"

The tears suddenly make sense, he knows he'll lose me forever once I know this. Once I know what he did to her. They're falling down his cheeks slipping past his closed eyes faster than before. He takes a moment to calm himself, calling on his wolf who should be stronger to hold his resolve.

However, his wolf is in agony too.

"We kept her in the dungeon for weeks, told the Jamil's to never step foot on these lands again. He should have never come here, he never told you he wasn't allowed. He should have never came back, it's forbidden... the last time... the last time he stepped foot here, I killed his mate."

Guess he's no angel.