F O U R

F O U R
post malone, candy paint.

It had been a few days since we returned home and nothing. Honestly, I actually don't know how I expected Micah to even find me since I hadn't told him where to find me or how. How fucking stupid of me, genuinely. Hearing someone call my name coming from behind me I turn from the lounge chair and look away from the crystal clear pool in front of me.

"Yes, dear brother." I sigh deeply. If Anathi is calling, it really can't be good.

"Oh, don't look at me like that. I just want to spend some time with my littlest sister."

"I'm genuinely your only sister, geek."

"Exactly, so you're my littlest sister." He sits beside me... on the same lounge chair, there are four more folks. Four.

"Anathi, you can't be serious. There are four more chairs, come on dude." Hearing this he swings his arm around me, basically trapping me under his armpit.

"Ugh." I shift a little so that my hair isn't touching his armpit hairs that no male on the planet ever feels like shaving. I mean, what is up with that guys? Honestly, would the razor kill you in the process of shaving? I wish they would make me understand.

"I barely got to see you at the Ball." He huffs.

Sometimes I doubted that Anathi was the one who was twenty-four here, honestly. He acted two years younger than me, nevermind older.

"Well, it is a large venue. Did you honestly expect to see me? Every year I feel like I see brand spanking new faces." New faces like Micah, I couldn't help but think to myself.

"You've only gone these past two years, jeez, you are dramatic."

That was true, you could only start attending the Ball when you reached the age of twenty-one. You did not have to be twenty-one when you went but you had to be turning twenty-one in that very year. So that would make this year's Ball my second one.

I smiled broadly, "Always, all those years of drama and not a touch of dramatism? I can't imagine the blasphemy." I place the back of my hand on my forehead, earning chuckles from my brother.

With TJ being so consumed in his future role Anathi and I had a lot of time to bond, we had always been close but never as close as the two of them. However, TJ has consciously or unconsciously drifted a wedge between him and us. It was heart-breaking really, we already hardly got to see our parents now it was our brother too.

My phone chimed from the little table over on Anathi's side and he squealed like a little girl, "Oh my gosh, Leeeeraaatoe you got a text!"

"You sound like a girl that belongs on 'Love Island.'" I snicker, "Who's it from?"

"Not afraid it's a nude and I might see?"

"No. How would you even see that? The phone is locked, babe, all you can do is tell me; who is it from?"

"So you do get nudes?" He raised a curious brow.

"Yes, yes I do." He scrunched up his nose in pure disgust and mortification I guess to the thought that his 'littlest' sister actually gets such x rated content via text, "Sometimes previous clients just wanna know how –"