F O R T Y - T H R E E

kehlani ft. musiq soulchild, footsteps.

All eyes settled on Raheem as he made his way to the front, I hadn't expected him to stand up and assume the position. I don't know what I exactly expected to happen once I downright said 'let's overthrow the royals' but this was not it.

"Raheem..." Kenneth looked beyond shocked, the look in his eyes was nothing short of shock and... fear?

For quite some time I had forgotten that not only had they wronged him but he was a family friend for years. Him being my second chance would obviously be the biggest shock, I could see Keitumetse's widened eyes beside her mate.

"Alpha Raheem," Raheem has returned with a new aura, I wouldn't exactly call it cocky but it was quite close. He had a new wave of strength and power surrounding him, even the way he walked and spoke it was like he was in some training camp for the last month and a bit.

Not that he was a pushover before but he certainly did not have this aura surrounding him before he left.

"You always did see me as less than, didn't you Kenneth?" He moved his attention to Motheo, "Are you going to keep the public up in arms or are you going to let Lerato continue addressing them?"

I turned to him too, "Completely shutting them off like that will not help a single thing."

Kenneth cleared his throat but before he could speak the female Alpha who had spoken earlier raised her voice again, "Will you answer my question, King?" The way she had let out his title, you would swear she was spitting out old gum.

His eyes landed on hers before he spoke, "No, that is not the way I treat the Queen. Cutting the feed had to be done," he glances at me his eyes exposing the hurt for that short moment, "I wasn't expecting her to do that —"

"Not to follow your orders like a puppet?" She presses.

His head snaps to her and the hurt is immediately hidden, only showing rage, "You will remember who you're speaking to, Lulama. I did not order Lerato, I was blindsided! We can resume the address," He eyes Raheem, "You can take your seat now."

"What difference does it make? No one will see me anyway."

Kenneth glances my way, "You can't start a riot, Lerato. Say what you want — that is exactly what we told you to do. To say and decide whatever it is you wanted but starting an uprising is the last thing anyone needs. So, defuse the situation."

I take the stand once more and clear my throat once the thumbs up has been given, "Apologies, community. There were some... displeased members and the feed was temporarily stopped. Now that we've returned I would like to continue on what I was saying, it could be time for new leadership. The Royals have one too many secrets and what I've learned in my short time reunited with Motheo, I can't unlearn.

"With that being said, I know the Council will make the best decision possible. However, I think your say is just as important. The Council will make a decision whilst keeping a backup choice, the final say will be yours."

Kenneth raises a brow at me before turning to look at his son just as I had. Motheo was stoic, almost as if he were wishing he were hallucinating. Wishing it wasn't so, I glanced back at Kenneth only to find his eyes back on me. Keitumetse whispered something into her mates ear before he nodded.