T H I R T Y - N I N E

alayna, tender.

Lerato.

"Oh my goddess! You should've seen your face!" I laughed loudly, I couldn't get his face out of my mind! His eyes went so wide as his ass collided with the ice.

Wow, I had never seen him look so worried. It was the funniest sight, I definitely deserved to see that.

"Shut up," he grumbled as he shoved a chip in his mouth, I grabbed one from his plate and shoved it in mine with another laugh.

He stole one back before I could stop him, "Hey!" I complained, pulling my plate closer to me as I started on my burger.

Conversations flowed and continued as we ate and sipped on our milkshakes. We were sat at RocoMama's in the human territory which wasn't far from my pack. We decided to come here because I hadn't been in a while and I was starving.

Once we had finished our food he drove me home and I almost felt as though it was such a worthy weekend. I wanted so badly to tell him that I enjoyed myself but I thought against it. He'd probably get the wrong idea.

It was a few days later when I found myself recalling that day.

Currently, we are in Motheo's car headed to the Royal City, I was dressed in one of the fanciest dresses I had. I don't know why I bothered myself with making sure I looked presentable to meet this messy family. Once upon a time I would've been so excited to meet them.

Surprising what a few months can do, I absentmindedly smoothed down the nonexistent creases of my dress as he continued to drive. I was in a baby blue silk dress that had colourful prints all around, I matched it with a pearl headband on top a blonde wig and similar coloured blue heels.

"Stop fidgeting, they're going to love you. If anything, I should be scared shitless."

I look at him as though he's grown a second head, "What do you have to be scared for!? They're your parents!"

He laughs, "Tshiamo opened up her big mouth and told them all about you. I hadn't gotten the chance yet, so now they're all eager beavers. Also, as disgusted with me as my brother was... is, I really can't tell anymore."

When we arrive the gates automatically open and he drives through the City. I take my time to look through the window, savouring this place I might never get to see ever again. I would never be able to step foot here after tomorrow.

"Well, I hope you aren't looking for sympathy from me." I chirp.

He chuckles, "I'd be stupid to ever."

Entering the palace I hardly have time to even drink it in before there's someone already smothering me, "Goddess, mother, let her breathe."

"Oh, shut up Motheo." His mother says as she continues to hug me, once satisfied she pulls me away but keeps her hands on my shoulders. "Hello, honey. How are you? I'm Keitumetse, this is my husband Kenneth." She gestured to the man standing beside her.

I smiled at the both of them, my heart thumping erratically, "Hi, I'm well thank you. I'm Lerato." I reached my arm out, my one hand on my elbow.